September 18, 2005

A quick one

I took it easy again today. Did some cleaning up at work. It was mostly in a hunt to find some tape. Hurt my knees but I still didn't find the kind I was looking for. But I did find the heavy duty staples that M was looking for.

I reinstall Dreamweaver. The part for inserting tables started to show that part of it's code was messed up.

I finished up moving St.Jean's files to the secure domaine for the students. I found a great powerpoint shrinking program. Now I have to get my boss to pay for it so I can keep it on hand for other teachers and for when St. Jean, if St.Jean updates some of the files, and to shrink the rest. It's only $30.

I'm currenty trying to rid a girls computer of a nice virus she picked up. I just wish that she brought in earlyer. I have 30 mins left before closing and it's maybe half done with the AV scan from Norton. Norton takes really long to scan it seems. Since I wasn't sure where all this new virus was hanging out, I told it to a full system scan after I cleared out all temp and prefectched files. I then thought about just scanning the windows folder which could have saved me 30 mins after the scan was already 25 mins in. Smart me. :)

I wanted to install SP2 on her computer before she leaves since we are closed tomorrow and I don't come back until Wednesday. I may leave it with her and have her do it. I did get to install MS Antispyware on her computer for her. I thought she had something but she didn't. Surfing the net without XP being up dated, and nothing to fight the adware and spywares of the the world.

The poor girl has had it with this comptuer. One of the other guys had her computer for a while and what ever he did wasn't right for her, so she took it after telling them off or something, did what she could, then brought it for me to have a look at and to help her finish. Kind of. As you alreay read, she didn't get her SP2 installed yet.

My sister called a few times tonight. One to say that Nika's ear has been hurting her for most of the day. They were painting that shelf that I told you about, and Jhodie turned Nika's hand the right way to do it, and hurt her wrist. Then he ear started to hurt and as of 6 it was still hurting her. So she was saying that, that was why she hadn't gotten around to cooking for the night.

Then she called back like 40 mins or so ago asking me to go get her KFC. First she wanted SubWay, but they close at 10pm. So that's a no go. So next up was KFC. They close at 11pm. So I'm going to be taking a long bus ride then maybe walk back home. I don't know yet. Unlike my sister I can't be back home with 10 mins of leaving KFC. I have no reason to walk that fast, and I'm sure I'll hurt my hip if I even try.

15 mins till closing. We got new night time cleaning people, and for the most part they are nice, but they are here way to early. The reason we got night time cleaners was becasue the students complaned that they didn't like smelling the cleaning flumes and having people cleaning around them and making them move when they are trying to study.

....

Ok.. back. I had to stop to go to town and get KFC for Jhodie. The girl came for her computer at 10 till and I then got held back with two girls who weren't even students of the school. I'm going to have to talk to Ron about this. You aren't allowed to share your account with anyone. We have to know who is coming on campus when we talk about safety and such.

Anyway, I just about ran up to street level. I didn't realize how fast I got up there until I was there. I was hurrying so I could get to town and KFC before it got to late. My legs surrvied the trip up there fine, but my back was another story. Once the bus had reached town I was felling fine. I then walked over to KFC, and I got in just in time. 10 mins later they closed the doors. They made up one last batch of chicken, but not hot and spicey that Jhodie wanted. The manger let me call Jhodie to ask her what she wanted now. She said that she was going to try an orignal recipe. She hates that kind, but she was going to give it a try tonight. I then walked home in agony after trying to wait for a bus twice. My gave out and buckled and what my muscles went though just to keep me up right worked it way into my thighs and I was in all out pain, and my sister looked worried as I layed over the back of the couch. I then slowly and carefully moved through the living room to my bedroom. Where I just laid on my back for at least 15 mins before I sat up. I took off my clouths and then layed back down again the other way without getting up. I did not get up for over 30 mins.

Now I'm finishing up my blog. I ate my small dinner. It was three small peices of veggie / Itel pizza. It's no oil like you see on normal pizza, but then, it's not the same chesse. I think it's veggi cheese. Then there is the shreeded carrots, corn, sweet peas and onions.

Ok... my back is starting to hurt again, and I'm a bit hungrey. So I'll post this, and change how I'm sitting and then look for something on the light side to eat.

Night.

1 comment: