September 17, 2005

There was something I wanted to say

... I just not sure what it was now.

I know that Thursday was a good work day for me. We had a test for most of the day, so I got to concentrate on making the housing site. (all back over again) I was cold again as it's getting normal these days. Then I spent 2 hours packing up all the screens we used to cover the computer screens during the test. Then I went back to working on the site.

I didn't get all done like I hoped, but I got really far. I had like 6 left.

The next day wasn't bad, just really busy. I had to trouble shot so many things that afternoon that it's a wonder I got the site up by the time I went home. This one student showed up and confessed to doing something that everyone in his class did last semester. He got a virus over his AIM. And Just before him a girl came in with her laptop that talked about a part file before it decided to kick the bucket. Then it crashed 3 times, and then just failed to boot at all the last 5 times we tried. She was going to let it "rest" then try again to get in and burn off her data. I wish her luck.

Anyway, the guy had a look of issues. That took me 4 hours to fix. Most of them anyway. I was just left with one thing that wasn't working right in the end. I told him that he had to come back Tuesday to have the other guys look at it. Either which way. He said with me and his computer for the 4 hours I worked on it, talked to the girl, and finished up the housing site, while I scanned something for and moved a few slides for St. Jean. He was mensoned the about of work I had to do, and the girl confessed to not thinking that I was a tech. That may have been my first taste of not being thought of as a tech because I was a girl. But then I know how much they (students) think outside of school and studying. She was easily forgiven.

Now back to the guy. This is his last semester, and until I saw him, I could easily have said that he had already left. Anyway, he gave me a lift home. I was suppose to go by my uncle's house to test out what I read on his computer. But when we pulled up the house, I didn't want to go in. I spent the whole day working on and fixing computers. I didn't want to go mess with his thing. So I told him that I might come today. Might. He said fine.

Then the guy took me home. We talked and I told him I might see him Wednesday. I got home on time.

Today I took it easy. I played two games. One for an hour until it ran out. I couldn't find a code for it. I like it, but I think it's damaged in a few ways. I think, but if you want to see what I'm talking about it's THIS game. Then when I taking a break from work, and moved to the front desk to keep from freezing I realized that someone uninstalled my games. Not all of them, just three of them. I then went looking for one of them to re-install in my saved software folder. And there I found some thing that AM was asking for a while ago too. Chuzzle. Hey, AM, how long would it take you to download a 50k or o file?? *grin*.. she's working off of a 56k modem now. :)

The new cleaning ladies showed up over an hour early today. It was just odd. There was just about no one in there tonight after 8, so I left like 4 past 10. I kinda felt like leaving early, but I can't leave until 10 no matter how people are not there.

My sister went hunting for scrap wood over at the college work shop and she also came back with a pretty nice shelf.

It's 12:42am and I'm the only one still up.

Oh, I almost forgot. Yesterday I got that router from the girl. I was slightly concerned when I realized that it didn't have a cd, but I checked the site to see what they could tell me. I was able to get it up and going and now both the desktop and the laptop are in working and connected order.

I also had to clear out the virus that was hanging out on the system. It stopped it from connecting to the internet like a week or so ago and I didn't bother cleaning it since we were going to get a new hard drive and I was going to reinstall the os and such. Then we found out that out mother board couldn't read anything higher than 128 gigs. So now we have to get a new mother board, and when you get a new mother board you have to get a new chip and memory. I've thought it over and I'm getting a new case too. I just have to stay under $175 US and I'm fine. That's Wow..... $455 EC. Ouch. Maybe I should try for under $155 US....Still over $400. :(

Ok... No way around it. That is one of the reasons I put off getting a new board and chip and such. It may sound cheap in US, but in EC I'm in depth for a year.

I have to think, and sleep too.

Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment