September 26, 2005

Openwares.org :: Software is Free

Openwares.org :: Software is Free

Hi ya.

Just giving you a heads up on a new download site that I just came across.

For me this part of the front page got my attentsion.

"At Openwares we follow one rule, and that rule is K.I.S.S. "Keep It Simple, Stupid". Our goal is to promote the use of free software everywhere, and in order to do so we need to facilitate both developers and end users alike. Therefore, all submitted applications are automatically scanned for viruses*, reviewed by our staff*, and repackaged with NSIS."

Ok... I have to get back to the blog I tried to publish this morning at 4 am to have it ask me to relog back in. I went back hoped that I would have most of it back from the recovery thing. Didn't come close. I sent an hour, off and on, writing that blog, and I couldn't do it again. I finished up the sentance that the recovery tool ended it's recovery at, and saved it as a draft.

But before I leave, a little bit about my day.

I tryed to get as much sleep in as I could before going to uncle ray's house, but they woke me up with food. Then I couldn't go back to sleep. I have acid reflux. Trying to go to sleep after eating just isn't done.

Then I left for Ray's house at 2ish. On time. I wanted to go over that at 2. Nika came along, to play with T, but I forgot that he wouldn't be there that early. He was at preschool.

So first I burned off his data to cd. That took longer than I thought, but then I don't think his burner is that fast. It came out 5 years. How slow is his burner? No wonder I could have taken naps in between each burn.

Then I did a restore, and it actually behaved itself. Up until I left, it didn't crash once, and the only thing that froze up was the internet. My uncle's luck my be turning around. :)

I left there around 8 o'clock. Uncle Ray said that he didn't think that it was going to take this long. Jhodie came for Nika around 6:30. So uncle Ray gave me a ride home and T came along for the ride.

He also wants some pictures canned, and he's willing to pay me $50. I'm thinking of giving the job to Jhodie.

Ok, sweating. I have to go seek out a fan.

See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment