April 11, 2005

Free Ride Home

Ello.

Tonight was our first night of midnight shift, so I got a free ride home.

They hire a taxi to take us home at night since the buses more or less stop at 11:15.

I didn't speak much again today, and I forgot to do a cd job that I wanted to take on, just to make sure it was done right. I got caught up trying to find code for a cd burning software that I liked.

I didn't order lunch/dinner like I said I would. I was able to pick up a coconut and veggie patty on my way in to work, and I didn't feel hungry enough to call out for food.

Right now, my nose just feels stuffed up and it's like I have a cold now. I'm still trying not to talk, but the last time I did I sounded better.

Oh, my uncle got his hand on a laptop, then called up my sister and told her there wasn't a mouse. :) I looked over the laptop, got ride of a few things, installed a few things. I couldn't do much. It's a windows 98 laptop with a 4gig hard drive. I would have liked if it could have read from or/and installed my usb drive. Ended up taking it work where it was easier to move between a good connected computer with a floppy drive to this laptop. I did a dumb thing. It's more and over site then dumb, but I wish I had realized it hours before I did.

The girl he got the laptop from failed to include the nic/modem card for the laptop and there was no software. I would like to have the laptop version of 98 incase anything happened to it. So I sent her and e-mail. She gave him her e-mail address incase he needed to reach her for something. So sent her an e-mail saying that a few things were missing and that I was going to be in the LRC until midnight. Then 30 mins until midnight it hit me. I have what use to be laptop. She can't read mail from home. Great. She'll show up tomorrow, read the mail, ask for me, and they will tell her that I'm not back until Wednesday.

Well time to put up the food and head for bed.

I got a torrent manager to help the downloading, but it got rid of all the progress that I had gained with Shrek. It's back down to 0, while the others got back to most of of what they had before. I'm wondering what would happen if I unistalled it. Would they go back to what they were before?

I'll do that tomorrow between things. I would have liked to keep my days off free so I could just recover in peace, but at $10 US an hour, I'm being compensated decently. They are running on a deadline so I have to go in.

Well, tomorrow I have the hills things at 3pm, I'm going to crawl out of bed tomorrow, walk down the street for 3 blocks to buy some corn flakes, then maybe see my uncle and show him how to use a touch pad. But he won't get over it until he's used it for a while. When I first touched one I hated it, but then I got use to it and it's ok now.

See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment