April 02, 2005

Not quite the day I was looking foward too.

Yesterday I was just tried to stay in bed as long as I could.

I got to work not so late that I thought I could swing by the hills place and add the code.

Then I got my only shock of the day. They cut the lock because I had the key. The same key that wasn't signed back in, which lead me to beleive that there was another key. Great.

I managed not to feel really bad about it. I had good reasion to think that they had another key to get in. So come next week I have to talk to Dr. Y, The teacher that hired me for this gig.

*Rusted Root - Primal Scream*
*replayed*
*replayed again*

Back 10 mins later--

I'm starting to have a little of a odd feeling that the groups don't talk or work with each other a lot. I occured to me later that day, that couldn't they have found or knew where the guy who is suppose to be the manager who had his own copy of the key?

Well I put the code in, and then tried to show off the program to the guys since I was there and they were there, and they didn't have anything to do right that moment. I was taken back by a question that one of them asked me. He wanted to know if the software would tell them when feed was going to go expire. First I said that the software would show them what was being sold and what wasn't so they shouldn't have more than 3 or so bag left so there will be no food to go bad, at least not that much. He then asked the same question. The software doesn't let you know when it was going to expire. Which led me to ask him, how long does it take for food to go bad? Oh, a year. A year? You over ordred so much, you have food that had gone bad? Oich. Ok.

At that point I told them to play with the software, it's the best way to get to know what it can or can't do. They took the key from the set that I got from admin, since it wasn't any good for anything anymore, and I took the rest to the office. I told them what happened.

*Andrea bocelli & Sara brightman - time to say goodbye*

What happened next? Well I went down stairs and I think I did some web work. Some how I ended up stairs. Oh, I was putting the tapes for Dr. S, in his mail box. I ran into Ron up there. We had a look at the ink's new home. They use to be down here, but they got moved up there last week. We were just getting around to orgernizing them and putting in an order for the ones we were out of or running low on.

Anyway, I was left with orgernizing it, and making signs on the front. We get ink from some many differnt perople, that it's not always possable to tell right off, which ink is which. Next week I hope to have a chart saying which inks go with which printer.

At first I thought that who ever put in the rest of the inks for me, ( we showed up to see all the inks were in, when I had put up less then half the other day. ) Well most of it was in right, but later when I started to make the signs I realiszed that I had to move a few of them to make space for when we got more, and to tell one set from another.

I did the firs set of signs and after I started to cut then, I thought that they were too small. So I went down stairs, because it was to noisy up there, to make the signs again, and to ask how big they wanted them. They ended saying that the size I had them the first time was the size they wanted. Ok. Then Ron showed up and said that he was trying to clean out a computer that we have in the fdc to make room. Now the mistery was that, it was using up over 4 or so gigs of space that ... ok.. let me try again.

Ok.. this computer has a hard drive of lets say 9 gigs. All the data on the computer adds up to 3.5 gigs. Yet it was saying that it only had 100 megs of space left. Then he goes into a rant of everything he did to find out what was going on with the gap between how much space was being taken up, and the numbers it was giving him back as to how much space was left. He got back 450megs back from deleteing a typing program that the day school uses. Ok I thought to myself.
We have both doen it every manual way we would think of. Ron even used dos to try and unstand what was going on. So I did something that I should have done months ago, and I don't know why I didn't. I had gotten this software way back when when I wanted to know where the space was going on another computer. It's called I-Disk, I think. I'll go see.

"i.Disk v.1.80" I wonder if there is an update yet. *gone again*

*Madonna - Don't Tell Me*

Back..

Found the makers site, but he hasn't updated it yet, but he was/is working on it. HomePage You should check out the front page of the site. He had some othe software that may come in handy for you.

Well I ran the program, and I found where the missing space went. The recyeler. Non of us knew why, but after trying to find out a way to empty it, I went back to the program, and right clicked one of the of the things in the recycler and it let me delete it. YA! Cleared almost everything before the program failed on me. Now we have almost 3/4's of the hard drive back. *smiles*

I e-mailed off a page that I found about what the issue was, just a few of the other things didn't match up. Like the filing system, and the OS. *grin*

I then got a bit side traked my mail. The first one wasn't much of a side track, just notice about today. There wasn't going to be any power on campus until noon. So besides posting it on the portal page, I sent him back and e-mail asking if we were going to be closed. He then said that he'll call M and let her know not to come in to work until 12. Turns out the power didn't come back until 1 or so.

Then the other e-mail. Please print this out for me. I'm sure it was the same girl that I was asked to print others out for last time. Well, I couldn't just print out a set of Dr. K's powerpoints with out trying to fix them first. So I spent like 40 mins at least fixing and printing out 7 power points. Then I printed and cut out the signs again and went upstairs to put them up.

I got some double sided tape and put them out, then I was done.

At this time, it was after four. I went back down stairs to take over the front desk. I restarted both computers, and on one I updated a few thing and even talked to mother for the 3 mins she was there. Then I more or less just hung out until it was closing time.

*Sly & The Family Stone - Everyday People*

I did try to find a better crack for a game that I liked. I know, I know, I'll pay when I get back to the US. Well, I didn't find one. So I played a few levels until it was time to leave.

Then I found out that I wasn't going home just yet.

*Will Smith - Just the two of us*

*Clif hanger*... be back tomorrow. (Monday... to tired to finish blog).. I'll spell check then too.

No comments:

Post a Comment