April 27, 2005

Hello.... I can move my fingers now.

Hi... again.

I didn't blog yesterday for two reasons.

One, I hurt my hands doing assembly work for the whole day with about 30 mins break time for the whole day once I got started.
Two, I was tried. Yawn 2

Like now. I hate. HATE, day shift. I've told my friend Larry, and I'm going to say it here. How on earth do you guys work day in, day out on a 8-4 or 9-5 shift? I wake up tired, I come home, I'm ok for like 2 hours some days then I'm just ready for bed. Then I can't even stay up late or I won't even wake up for the next day.

Yesterday I put together like 10 chairs at least, but I know I did more. Like 13. That is why my hand hurt. Half way though the day, I had to stop get the other screw driver because the hard handle one was starting to hurt my palms and they were turning red. At one point near the end of the day I did get a jolt of pain that went up left arm, but it went way. I had music to keep me going and the pain went just as fast as it came.

Or boss payed for lunch, so I got roti, and an OJ. Then late, around 4:30 or so I left with R. He drives better than the other guys. I didn't reallize that until it was time for him to drop me off.

Today I almost called in sick because of my arm. My sister had to help me get ready for work. But I thought that I could do other things today beside put chairs together, and I did. At first, I was just cleaning up the front desk bit, folding up curtains that E took down and just left there. I don't even know why she put them up in the firt place. Then I put some boxes out side, then I answered the phone.

It was M from another department, saying that we had to take IDs today because the students couldn't come back another time to get them done. I told her that we weren't doing any for a few days because we had to get the LRC ready for Orentaion. We had to move one half of the desks, chairs and computers. Make 10 desks, 22 chairs, set up 22 computers and wiring for 40 odd computers.

Amazingly we got as far as we did today, even though it didn't really look like we would at the start of the day. Anyay. I called Collin over to let him talk to her. She talked him into it. Which I knew was going to happen. So I was going to be doing IDs today. Ok, fine by me. I expected like at least 25 students to come by today. I think I only did like 8. That was disapointing. I also did some webwork. Worked on a laptop for a student. I'm still not fully finished.

One, she needed to bring by her powercord. Two, she was infected with alot of spyware. I think I had to uninstall like 7 bars from her laptop. I was updating it fine on the boyfriend side, but when I went to her's to map drives it locked up on us. She took it home to see if there was going to be any issues with the wireless network that her room mate had set up.

I also spent some time drawing a few things. First I made some more wallpapers for my site, but before I could post them right a teacher showed up with her own copy of the same cd to print out a few of the pics. I'm thinking that she should just have them printed somewhere else. We don't do that kind of thing. Yes we have a colour printer, but it's not ment to print photos.

Then I worked on the new lay out for the LRC floor. I should have started it like 30 mins before I did, but I think that I got side tracked by a few things. I then spent the rest of my shift on the drawing. I used Visio to make it this time around. I wanted it too look good. It was rush job, that I didn't know how to do. So for the first like 40 mins I was just erasing what I came up with. Then when I thought I had it right and printed it out, the printer cut it off all the way around, since I made the drawing to big, and two, I goffed on the numbering. So I fixed it, then changed it again. But just the numbering this time. Then I shurk it so I wouldn't loose any of it when I printed it again.

Well here it is. The new lay out of the LRC Floor.



I got a ride into work. A guy thought that I was a vet that worked on of his animals. Lucky me. Collin drove me home, and I wished that it was R. Collin and Rick drive too fast.

I'm going to be very happy when I'm back on night shift. I have to go sleep between now and 2am. Now being 12:45am.

My sister wasn't feeling well today so after I came back from watching and walking around with Nika on her bike and realizing that the clock stopped like 2 hours ago, I made Nika and me some bowls of soup.

Well I'm off. I think I'm tried, I know I should be in bed. I don't think that I would be asleep, but I should be in bed.

I haven't really talked to any of my friends for a while. My sister is cleaning for my other sister who is coming down in like a week or so. I'm suppose to help paint the room that is suppose to be my room this weekend, so no one would have to sleep in there while the paint was drying.

It's now 1:05, I've prof-read the blog, and I'm now offically tired.

See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment