August 17, 2020

So...

 I checked the weather this morning before I was 'running' out the door to catch my bus this morning so I would know what shoes to wear. 

I saw that it was going to rain when it would be time for me to go home. So my new weather boots. They aren't feeling as bad as they did the first time I wore them. :shrug:

But I'm home now and it just started raining. About an hour after I got home. Oh well. I saw the clouds on the way home so I'm grateful to have been speared the public bath, even if I had my shoes and umbrella. 

Interesting thing when I got off my bus at my job this morning. There were all these people walking across the street into our parking lot. It took me a second to realize that they were coming from The Real Real across from us. Ok. But I still didn't have a clue why they all left their building. There were no alarms that I could hear and I didn't smell any smoke or see flames. A drill? Well I had about 25 mins to get to the food van, order, have them cook it and then make my way to work before the that 25 mins ran out so I could clock-in on time. 

While I was waiting for my garlic chicken sandwich platter, I saw and heard three fire engines as they showed up to see what was going on. I think it was three. So I don't believe it was a drill. I heard something about a skunk. But a skunk wouldn't need three fire engines and the redirecting of traffic. 

We felt a little light on staff today after having more manning the shop yesterday. Two people are on vacation. We lost some people from when we closed and at the end of the day I found out that someone who was suppose to come in today, got in an accident so someone who was suppose to close today, had to come in early to cover that shift. So only three of us were there at closing today. Oh, and we seem to only have weekend workers too. That would explain the extra hours I have this week. I haven't worked that many days since live floorset. I won't explain what that is, unless you ask, because we aren't doing them anymore. 

Three of us to close and recover a whole store. Lucky us, we didn't have many people after the other 2 people, left. So it wasn't a hot of mess as it was earlier in the day. 

Later. 


No comments:

Post a Comment