August 04, 2020

What Could Go Wrong?

I kinda felt like I asked that yesterday when I woke up to a storm today.

Said storm lasted until about 2-ish. I'm not really sure. I just know that there was rain and strong wind gusts for a long time.

So now it's been quiet for a while and I'm thinking great. It may be or may not be drizzling, but it's calmed down a lot and I can go do my wash and there shouldn't be that many people there.

Well, I was right as in it had calmed down. The sky is clear and blue. Nothing is falling, and there weren't many people at the laundromat. There was no one at the laundromat. Not even the owner. It was closed.

A laundromat in Brooklyn would have been open. (grumbling)

As I was leaving the house, the lady next door saw me coming down my steps with everything slowly and decided to let me know that she believed that it was closed. She saw someone else trying to get in and the door was closed. So she offered to look after my stuff while I went to check.

None of the signs said anything about being closed that day, but the door was locked and the inside was dark. Just great. I'm very happy that I have something I can wear to work tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow, my package might be delayed into arriving tomorrow also. They said the same thing about the TV, so I'm waiting to see if it shows up tonight anyway. They did give themselves a wide window up until 9 pm for delivery today originally.

If not, I'll just have to remind myself to leave the front door to the building open.

Wasn't all this rain suppose to happen tomorrow? I was expecting to actually put on my new rain boots to go to work.

Oh well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment