February 14, 2005

The Highlights.

Ello.

Let's see.

I found a way to change the serial for my work computer so I could get it to upgrade to SP2, and that part worked a lot easier than all the things I read. Then I rebooted it, and the shell crashed. :(

Ok, I know that you may not know what the shell is, but you kinda need that. The stuff you see when you see your files, how you get to them, and a few other things is the shell, and it's called, oddly enough, explorer.

Well mine was cashing every time I logged into my profile or the local admin profile, but the other parts of windows continued to work. So at the end of 4th log on or so, I believed that SP2 wrecked my shell. Fine, I'll just get another shell. I decided to get ASTON
. I think that I tried it out years ago, and this was a good a time as any to try it again, considering I needed a new shell. I went, got it, installed it, changed over to it, and was slightly impressed. Then I tried to get the code for it so it would continue to work for past the 30 days. I got one that I hoped would work, but then I read the how to, and I had to exit Aston to apply it. I wasn't looking forward to working without a shell, but I had to. So I switched over, logged out, and logged back in. ..... It's back. Explorer is back. It wasn't crashing or anything. WoW. My luck. Now I don't have to explane why they would see this funny thing when they tried to log into my system.

AM was there for part of the crash, and when I came out after finding explorer to be working again. I then understood something as I explained it to her. One, the shell that was crashing wasn't explorer. It was xplorer. This thing I knew about last year, ok 2003. And when I used the built in shell switcher from Aston to go back to explorer, it chose the right shell file, and now everything is working. I need to defag it, and clean out some stuff, but it's back. :)

Sometime that day I found and installed the codec that I needed to play my anime that I burned to dvd, and made a cd using the new drive. The drive is too slow. It took over 2 hours the other night burn the dvd, and then today (Sunday) it took over 16 mins to burn a cd of less then 300 megs of data.

Today, getting to work was odd and cold. Not as cold as the rest of the night that was to greet me, but cold. Also, a bus driver was kind enough to give me ride to work even though he wasn't working. He couldn't. All the seat behind the front ones were taken out. He was having it re-fitted or something. But some how we were still stopped by three people who didn't mind since they really needed a ride and space to hold boxes of canned soda. There was something of a box in the back for them to sit on. When I came out of the bus and into the falling rain, a girl come out to take my seat.

What else? ... On my way down to the department, I saw rain for hours and I had on a short sleeve shirt. I was going to freeze. M left early today. We packed the last of the paper into the cupboard. I went back to tweaking up fixing up the rest of my system. For one I had to turn messenger back on. Not MSN messenger, but the OS's messenger. Home computers don't need it, but it's a nice thing to have when you are on a network.

Then the student's server went down. Every so often it just doesn't want to do what we have it for, and it has to be restarted. I called one person, nothing. Called him again, but still had to call the other person because he was far away, and the other person told me were to find the keys to get into the room to restart it. Great. 10 mins waisted calling around.

The rest of my night I was spent trying to fix everything that sp2 messed up, and unistalled my office and acrobat, then reinstalled office. Defraged my system with diskepper, after making some more space. I also posted some new web pages for the site and did some researching then I came home in the very cold night air.

The other interesting part my night was when I got home. I couldn't get in the front door. Not that I tried. My sister told me that I had come thought the kitchen door. I did, and looked over to see why I couldn't come in though the front door, but before I saw my bed standing on it side in front of the door, I smelled something. Paint. She painted my room. That is why all these other things and my bed were in the living room.

That is one of the reasons why I'm doing high lights. I have to go and fold some cloths before I can go to bed. My room looks great. I moved a few things around. Everything didn't go back to where they were before. Once you clean out a room and put everything back it always looks bigger. But my room looks big now that everything is back in, and the walls are painted a nice creamy light yellow and the floor is so clean. :)

Now I mostly have the cloths to contend with now. I'll leave the rest of the dirt and trash for tomorrow when I wake up, and tomorrow night I'm sure it's dishes. I would have been dishes for me today or tonight if first I wasn't up so late last night, and then the rebuilding of my bedroom tonight. Oh well.

I had a bag of popcorn to eat at school, but I had the same thing for dinner that I had for breakfast today when I woke up at 12pm. Crackers and refried beans with corned beef, but I heated the beef in the microwave for dinner, considering I was so cold.

It's been raining off and on for the last 4 hours. Well that's it.

Tomorrow is shopping day for us. I thought that it was going to be Wednesday, but my sister couldn't do it because she had a job Wednesday afternoon. So we are doing it after her morning job tomorrow.

Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment