February 09, 2005

Wrong Lunch.

Hello.

Ok.. I know I didn't blog yesterday, I thought I could do it today since I tried to get to work on time today by going to bed at a good time, but that didn't happen either.

My problem is, I don't really remember what I did yesterday right now.

Ah, now I remember... I tried to move a plantain tree, with a small measure of success.

In our "back yard" we have plantain and banana trees. Well plantain trees grow really high, and this one was over the roof, and the roof was cutting into it, so my sister wanted me to help her prop it away from the house.

So we did that, and got bites from little red ants. Then we tried to move one of the 'smaller' ones out of the way. That was a feet in itself. It didn't want to move... my sister was just about to give up when it gave way. I still don't know if she planted it yet. She just left it out after all the problems it gave us.

Then I went and got ready for work.

Today we were going to have a luncheon for Rick's birthday. He had called me earlier that day to ask me what I wanted. I told him that I wanted to know what was in the meat loaf. If they had added any other meat to it, I was going to have tofu. It turns out that they didn't, and I asked for that, along with a salad and macaroni pie.

I got to work mostly on time I think.

I did stuff. Work stuff, then I looked out at 3 till to see if anyone was going up for the luncheon. Came out to find Ms Cumberbatch coving the front desk for us. “They all left me?” I asked her. She just smiled at me as I walked out the door.

As I was on the second tear of campus on my way up to the first one for lunch, I ran in to St. J. I asked him if he got my e-mail and he said yes. But he meant the first one I sent him on the weekend about clearing out some stuff from a folder on the network. I told him that I sent him another e-mail, but all the time he was moving away from me. I guess he had to be somewhere. He said that he would get back to me.

I got up there to see two of them waiting around for their plate. First E said that it wasn't what she wanted. I read the labels to find, it wasn't out yet. Then I saw it about 3 mins later after Collin came and got his. I looked at my plate for a while, then said, this isn't what I asked for. They got most of it right, but there was no salad and in it's place there was tofu. I have nothing against it, I was going to ask for that if the meatloaf had something else it in like I said before, but I didn't want both of them. :( I wanted some green. Then there was the meat loaf. It looked like it could have been half of a small one. Way too much protein for me. Lucky me I got the baked macaroni and cheese, and I some lemonade to help wash everything down.

Lunch was lunch. I was just slightly dismayed that I ended up between the "Mr. Universe" of the department, and E. While I was stuck contemplating what to do with the rest of my meat loaf after everything else on the plate had been eaten, the boys were talking about cars and roads and speed limits and that kind of stuff. I was just waiting for the lunch to be over so we could have our meeting as I slowly ate the last of the meat loaf. It was good meat loaf, just a bit too much. After I ate it, I realized that I don't throw away food. I was full for the rest of the day.

We were suppose to have our meeting the new "Caribbean" conference room, but it was booked for something else, so we used class room 2. Nothing much was said in the meeting. He mostly explained a few things for way too long. Everything he said I think I knew other than the news about the new pres of the Ross.

Then went back down to work. Once again I bumped into St. J. He asked that I print out what I sent him the e-mail about today (I sent him an e-mail, along with the rest of the department, about some printable versions of the slides he had us scan for him). First he wanted it in colour, then I told him that we didn't have that much ink, and beside he couldn't make colour copies of them anyway. So I have to print them out for him.

When I got downstairs Collin gave me some work. He was asked to make a staff contact/photo sheet, so he wanted me to clean up what the computer came up with. I wasn't making the sheet, just cleaning the database that they were coming from. So as I did that I printed each document for St.J. There were 34 or so documents that he wanted printed. There is an odd lag or freezing that happens when you tell it to print it out, so I would go back to cleaning the database while it did that. Then come back, set the next one to print, and then go back to the database. I did that for about 2 hours or so. I ran into a few things that I went back and forth with Collin about, but I got the database cleaned up by the end of the day.

I then went out to the front desk to cover it for the rest of the night. I just worked on the map that I had forgotten about for the past week or so. Turns out that the version on the front desk uses the line tool different then the on my computer inside. So I spent some time wondering what was going on, then I had to give up and just learn how to use this one. Just before I started that, I went hunting for some software. First I thought that I had to re-install a RAM meter and optimizer, which just change the problem, but it "worked" either way. Then I went looking for "AllToTray" That lets you minimize any opened program or window to the system tray. I wanted it so that I could have outlook opened so I would know when mail came, with out having it take up task bar space. Then as I'm looking for that, it hits me. Why don't I just get an e-mail checking program? I tested out a few years ago when I couldn't really us it or really need it. So I found one, and I'm testing it out now. I'm not completely in love with it, so I think that I'll look and check out another one later.

So now I'm working on my map until closing time, and half an hour to go, and the program crashed on me. What bites is that I didn't save anything. I almost slid out of my chair. Ok, ok. I know what needs to done. I can re-do it. So I did, and it went a lot faster since I knew what I had to do, and come the top of the hour, I had all that I had done, and saved.

Then I went home.

At this point... four days later... I don't remember what happened after that. If I remember I'll come back and add it on.

On to the next one.. if not yesterdays. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment