January 11, 2006

I Got Mail.

Real paper mail.

AM sent it. She sent it last month before Christmas. It was a card and the instructions on how to use the ice-cream maker that she gave to Jhodie or what Jhodie bought from her. I don't know which one.

I got to work in very good time. Only 5 past. I was up way early for me, and if I wasn’t slow in eating my breakfast I would have gotten to work early even, if not on time.

Collin was surprised to see me. It seems he thought that I was going to still be on vacation. I'm sorry, but not everyone can have off three weeks at one time.

I stayed down in the department doing the other work that came in by mail. Most were in response to the e-mail I sent out to the teaching faculty asking for updates and information on themselves and their classes. I was surprised to see something from the SGA already, but there it was. There was one announcement for PAWS. They are already trying to get students to adopt a pet.

I was going to go up to the Media Center to at 2pm to get as much of that job out of the way, but I didn't make it there until 3pm, and then I was still pulled away by two teachers and a student that showed up later. I wasn't really able to get down to work until 4pm. I did get to finish scanning the last set of pages for the second set, but I couldn't convert it into a pdf file like I did on Sunday. I don't know why. I'm just getting green bands on all the pages. I'm hoping that the computer just needs to be restarted. I'll find out tomorrow. I really hope it works... the editable ones won't be ready until Sunday.

I had to fix the display for that computer again. It was partly my fault I should have made sure that it was trying to install the drivers or look for the drivers in a temp folder. That is what I did today. Along with retyping a lot of tables, and I'm only on page 19 of a 30 something stack. Then I have stack two to work on afterwards.

I got lunch, if you can call it that. Cream cheese and a bagel. I couldn't really afford anything else. They upped the prices. One of the cheapest things that I normally got went up two dollars along with the rest of the menu. Everything on the menu had new prices stuck next to them. A tuna sandwich is now $10, along with every other sandwich they have.

I left work at 7:40? I was trying so hard to get the second set into a .pdf that I didn't notice that it was almost 7:30. I don't know what time I walked off campus because the big clock in the guard house needs a battery. It stopped just before 6:30 that night I'm guessing.

I had to wait a while for a bus and I almost didn't see me, and it wasn't going that fast. I came home to Nika running to greet me and Max on the laptop and a kid trying to talk my sister into making him baked goods.

Dinner was a bit late considering what time I got home, but it was good. She asked me if the turned corn was good before telling me that she called mommy three times to get it right. A..ha.

Nika went to bed a bit later that she should have, but then fell right asleep. I'm getting tried so I started to type this up 30ish mins ago. I'm ready for bed. Not to sure about when I'm going to fall asleep, but I want to go to bed. I also want a lot of other things.

Speaking of things, Rick reminded me in a very nice way that I still owed him over $200 for the hard drive he got me from Tigerdirect.com. Darn. I was so into the planning of getting the other parts for the computer, then other things came up, that I completely forgot about paying him for the hard drive. So I just have to put off getting the shoes until I've paid him off. I'm planning on giving him $100 this pay check and a next one next paycheck. I hope I can stick to that.

Ok... that's the end of my day, just sprinkle in some tv and that's it. Oh, alot of rain. Side note. Last night it was so windy while it was raining that Jhodie had to put back up one of the posts for the drying line out back.

One more thing, Jhodie did get my shirt for me from the store today. She is insisting that I wear my brown skirt with it. I was going to wear my black skirt with it, but she want's to bring out the little bit of brown that was in my shirt that is mostly black with sparkles.

Now I have go hang out my newly cleaned brown skirt so I can wear it tomorrow, after I wake up early to iron it before I take a bath, after I have breakfast. If I can make it to work the same time I did today, I will be surprised.

Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment