May 20, 2005

Before I Forget My Day.

Let's see.

I woke up a bit early to use the bathroom. Of course my sister is already up and moving around. I told her that uncle ray was going to come by today, and helped her move Nika's toy box into the third bedroom that will be mine in about a week or so.

Last night I called my uncle and told him that he could come and get his scanner and printer. I keep putting off finish scanning the book that I have. So I thought that I should give it back to him.

I did ask him what time would be good for me to come and install them for him on his desktop, but he made it sound like he would come and get them then tell me when I could come and install them.

So we were getting the place ready for my very neat uncle. Not that we/Jhodie was going to have the place spotless by the time he came over. She started looking for a dead mouse that she thought was inside one of the chairs in the living room. She didn't find any, so she thought it was trash that needed to be taken out instead. So she started the clean out the living room, and found more stuff that I thought we owned.

So I crawled back into bed for a few more hours. Uncle Ray knows I'm not a morning person. Anyway, around 10 or 11 I woke up, so I would be awake for him when he called to let me know he was coming. He said that he wanted me to show him something, so I turned on the computer, logged in and pulled the power cord back into the scanner. I then went for breakfast. I came back out for some cornflakes to finish off my milk when he called. My sister told me to get dressed, I just wanted to finish eat. :(

Fine I put some pants on and finish eat. Then I sat at the desk to wait for him. I ended up playing my new came Tumblebug until he came. Then when he came, he said that he thought I was going to go with him and set it up at his how and see my other uncle while I was over there.

*darn. I missed it. I'm watching a show about how they move houses or building that pose their own forms of problems. They just moved one of the two while I was typing. I actually thought that it was going to just crumble for how old it was. And that the bricks were just a little stronger than dried mud balls. But they made it, but I missed the trip.*

Ok.. back to earlier. So after trying to show him, and helping him pack up, he made me go with him over to his house to set it up and such. My sister made me put on a bra, that I wasn't going to anyway, but I a bit more concerned about my nappy hair. I didn't even get to comb it. We couldn't found the afrowpick. That is just about the only thing that can comb my hair out now.

Well I got over there to find out that he had a new computer desk. He found a student between a rock and departure date, so he got it for far less than what she was first asking for. It's a great desk. So I helped him set up the printer, the scanner, and some speakers that I'm sure he got off of another student. That man would love flea markets.

We then looked for the disks that we thought he had. But we didn't find them, so I guess they are somewhere in our house. :) I told Jhodie to call him and ask him what the name and model of his scanner and printer all so I can get the software/ drivers online and I'll burn them to a cd and then go to his house after work and install them for him.

Oh, saw my other uncle. Steve. He came in, he said hi, he asked me if was married yet. Ha!... He made a few phone calls, then he left to meet some friends since he's leaving tomorrow I'm told. Uncle Ray said that he came home last week and he found him inside the house. He asked him how he got inside. He said that he had the key from the last time he was there. :)

Well, he brought me home, and I got ready for work. Left for work a bit late like always. Saw no buses for 10 mins and got to work about 25 past, but E wasn't there. So I asked. She left early again because she wasn't feeling well. Ok. I logged in and then went to check on my computer in back, but before I made it back there, I was asked about a mod I was suppose to do for the log in page of some software we just got to make it look like it was ours. I told him that I was doing a Seal job for someone else yesterday, but I'll have the mod done today. He said fine.

Let's see.

I checked my mail. I got a thank you for the seal saying it was nice of me to get back to her so quickly with it. Quickly?? I took a whole shift. Ok. I had a good amount of time for myself. I helped a few students, I updated the IT department page. I worked on the mod. I did ok. I wanted to use another picture for one of the concepts I came up with, but I have to scan it out of the book first. I hope they like one of them. I like the one that I'm sure Ron won't like. It has student in it that don't look .... like studying students. :)

I got some nice software near the end of my shift. :) I also found out that Adobe had a new version of PhotoShop, and it looks nice. So I got the try and buy version, and found some batch of how-to videos for the program. I'll be having fun. :)

Well I did have some work near the end of my shift. I had gotten a tape from a teacher to digitize for him, and tonight Ron dropped off his video camera with footage of the school's new generator coming off the boat, thought town and installed on campus. Near the end I started to fall asleep. It was when they were slowing inching the generator unto it's new base. I did find out that two or so people came all the way from Canada to help place this thing on it's base.

I came out instead of sleep at 10, and started to close up. There were only 4 people left in the LRC at this time. It looks like they were 7th semester students. I set up the computer so that it could render out the movie until the computer restarted itself tomorrow at 6ish. At the front desk I fiddled a bit with the downloads then just locked it to finish download the videos for photo shop. That will also restart tomorrow in the early morning.

I got home ok. Around 10 till 11 or so. The floor was really clean, considering what I left it at this morning. :) There was mash potatoes, chicken wings in gravy and squash for dinner. The gravy was salty. I added some water, but over all it was a good dinner.

I went back to look at a link that I came across at work that didn't work then, but it worked now. It's this really long list of T.A.T.U. songs. Since I liked the two that I heard. I'm getting all of them with plug in for Foxfire called downTHEMall! Right now I'm up to 28% so the computer is staying on tonight.

Now I have to send and e-mail to my boss letting him know what I did with his camcorder. I left it charging.

See ya.

Oh, incase you are intrested in that link for the T.A.T.U. link.

http://www.yuliavolkova.biz/76764

Now it may not work at sometimes. Just try again in a few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment