May 26, 2005

Is That My Hand Touching My Nose?

Ok, it wasn't that late.

We had an unscheduled and scheduled power outage today.

We were suppose to loose power from 4:30pm until 6:30pm today so they could connect up the new generator to the school's system. Then 3 pm rolled around and our power went out. It seems that there was a fire or something somewhere, or something like that. I heard that it wasn't on campus.

Anyway, that left me with hours of cricket type noise from all the APCs crying for power. We use to turn them off, but Ron said to leave them on. Oh, I'm pulling extra hours today. M was out sick again today so I stayed and extra 3 hours, so I pulled a 11 hour shift. It wouldn't have been so bad if I was connected most of the time. For some reason, when the power outage thing started, I was being bumped off the network ever so often.

But I did win the search engine war. Almost. :) I have a search page, I just need to point the program to a template for the result page. I'll show it off once I have it all done.

I don't feel like I did much work today. :( Not happy with myself. And to boot, I left a teacher's computer in the middle of an install that he asked me to do for him. Now it hits me, when I'm at home. The casualties of war. :( I have so much to do tomorrow.

I have a tape to digitize for Dr. Shokry. I have the login pic for the calender program to finish, and now they want a matching logout one too. I have exam notices to post, I have to catch up with that teacher and finish his install. Then I go back to the search code thing. And, I have to keep reminding myself, I have to add the new information that I got about Semester 3 to add to the calender program.

On a surprising note, the clinic sent someone up this morning to let me know that I missed my date to come for my shot, and to ask when I was coming to get it. Well I had already planed to come Thursday before work, after all they weren't open on Wednesdays. If they were, I really wouldn't have been up late last night and I would have gone before work today.

Then there was my nice surprise for the day. I got my money from Hills. I wasn't going to ask anyone for it until after this paycheck, but I was leaving a teacher that I came upstairs to help, when I saw the accountant and decide to just ask. Just as the words were coming out of my mouth, the other girl in the account office called me. And for what? My check. Check? Ok. I was expecting it deposited right to my account. Ok. Guess the Royal Bank of Canada is going to be seeing me soon. It was one of their checks.

Ok... that's my day, I got a lunch that I have to pay back Tishion for, and dinner was bread and very tender lamb. Outside tonight is on the cool side, but as you came into the house you started to get over heated.


Ok....Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment