May 15, 2005

The Weekend.

Saturday.

I fiddled with my profile on the laptop. Mine seems to crawl in quicksand while the one that it came with is fine.

Then I went into work late. No big deal. Not that many students, and it's the weekend, and she didn't leave for hours.

I got to work to find out that they had stripped out the termite eaten floor trim in the hall way going to bathrooms. They put in a new door frame and sprayed the hall with insecticide. I smelled it as soon as I was walked into the "court yard" not to mention the LRC. They closed the bathrooms to keep people from walking though the stuff.

I finally started the cd burn job that I got from a teacher like Wednesday that week. And each day after, something else come up and it was put off. I even cracked the cd duplicator open to see if could come extend the rom drive out a bit more so I could turn my back on it once I got it going. But that wasn't to be. It was bolted in place. I don't even see how Rick got the roms installed in the first place. Four of the screws are very hard to get to. I looked at some, and tried others. :)

But I gave up, and put it back together then sat back to see. I set it, and it broke one cd instead of picking it up out of the tray. It just about behaved itself and it unloaded and loaded the rest of the cds just fine. It did make some noise, but it got over itself.

I then covered the front desk, and decided that it was well past, and high time that I went and touched on at least one of my online classes. After trying and sleeping though over an hour of one class, I realized that I hadn't gone back to some classes since 2003! That is just sad. But at least I had fewer classes to complete than I thought I did. That's one bright spot.

Ok, I had to wake up and taking another class wouldn't help. Oh, FYI, it was a customer service class. They gave us a whole bunch of service classes. It was one of the sore spots that they have been trying to fix since I got there. I thought that I didn't need it, but I actually learned a few things. Just half of it was a waste of time.

So, to wake up before anyone had to shake me for snoring, I picked up the new game that I got and played with AM at the end of the last semester. Incase I didn't tell you what it was, it's Paradoxion. The maker of the game can be found here. They also have a page that helps you pass levels. Use it when you are really stuck. It does no good to play a game just to cheat. Then why play at all??

Now the makers also have one other game that they came up with. I haven't checked it out yet, but if you like the first Zelda games it's kinda like that, just a bit more up to date. :)

Sometime around 9 I realized that there was just one person in here. Then she came out like 20 mins later and reminded me that they were having the start of the semester party tonight. Oh, that is why the place is a ghost town. We talked a bit, then she headed home. She wasn't into the full swing of studding yet. I guess that is why they are having the party tonight. :)

After she left I started singing out loud, then closed up and went home.



Sunday.

Let's see. I stayed up late, slept on the couch. I'm a big baby. I like having my tv on to help me fall asleep, and since I gave it to Phillys for the past few nights I've just been sleeping odd. Anyway, I laid in the couch as she got ready for her flight. She woke up Jhodie to go with her, and as she called uncle ray to have him come pick them up.

Then Jhodie told me not to go back to sleep or something like that, so I could let her back in. When she got back, she said that she didn't say that or something. Either which way, I went into my room. She was about to stay up when she remembered that she had a job today. A student had called her for job for that Sunday. In fact later that day before I made it in to school someone else called I think. Either then or Monday.

Well I was asleep for a while, Nika took care of herself until I woke up then we hung out until Jhodie came home, then I got ready for work. I started out at a good time, but when it was all said and done, I still got to work a bit late.

At least the smell from inside the LRC was gone, and the sign was down. You could use the bathrooms again. You could still smell the stuff when you were in the hall way, but that was it.

I posted a few announcements, then I started to do something, and ended up cleaning up the little office area. That Friday Tishion had moved his computer from the corner to where R's computer was set up. I don't know what he did with it. I spent the next 30 or so mins cleaning up the place. Just as I was finishing Tishion showed up. He didn't say hi, he said Wow. A bit to loudly. I almost told him that the next them he leaves food here to rot, I'll live it there for him to take out.

The rest of the night was ok. I even came back with the broom to sweep the floor. Darn broom. It was to short, and I hurt my back a little. How am I going to survive the gym? I hope they have someone there that would know what things I can with out hurting my back.

Then I sat back and looked around thinking, this won't last too long I'm sure, but I'm not cleaning up for anyone anytime soon again. They are going to miss me when I move upstairs.

It was a quite night, so I just say inside with my door open until it was time to leave.

That's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment