May 14, 2005

Hit The Ground Running Today.

Hey.

Had a fast day. Most of it seemed like I was trying to catch up, but that is only due to a project that I got from Ron from the Dean.

It ate up my whole afternoon until 8 o'clock that night. I didn't leave work until 8:20 or so, and then I had to stand in the rain to catch a bus.

I had like 4 digital jobs to catch up on. Two I did yesterday and had to return the completed job back to the teacher, or student. Then there was on editing job. I received another one to do in my own good time, and the last one was the completion of making a mp3 cd from a normal cd of heart sounds for a teacher.

Then there was the scanning project that I was told to help a student with. That took more time than I would have liked also. That computer had also been ghosted and needed to have a few updates and the drivers for the scanner re-installed. Then there was explaning to the student what had to be done, how to do, and telling her that it was up to her how to do a few things, since it was her project. She didn't ( like all of them ) know what she was getting in to. "Oh, I'll just scan some pics and put them in power point and I'll have a great slide show for the end of semester dinner." Ya, sure.

She said that she had been asking for pictures for this little project for a while. But as far as I can see, that's all she's done. Hasn't picked out a song or songs. Don't know how she wants it to look, don't know the colour theme that she is going to use, or if there is one. I just gave her what I had. Which seem like they will me slight meshed into one thing. Now that I've enlighten her, she's not sure that she will be making it in power point. I just hope I'm not suck doing it, simply because I won't be there to see it, and that would make the third time I've done a slide for someone else when they realized the work involved.

And that was the easy part of my day, along with setting up e-mail for Dr. Kainer, and cutting up four movies for Dr. Yv. She was nice, and she wants to learn how to do it herself. But currently we don't have many XP computers on campus for teachers to use. In fact there is one, but I will still have to show her how to use it, and it's the 2x2 scanner's computer. I told her that the new ones we will be getting for the media center will be XP, and I'll have classes for those who want to know how to use movie maker.

Like I said. The little project I got from Ron sucked up the rest of my day. I was given about 29 pages to scan and make into editable documents for the Dean and Jane. He said that he wanted them to be exact copies. Nice. Exact copies take time, but due to some technical difficulties, it took me about 2 hours longer. So I might have finished around 5 if I hadn't run into some problems. Maybe even sooner. But I started this after 1pm I'm sure.

I almost let myself get dragged into helping with the laptops today when I told myself to back way and get back to the task, but I still got pulled in to helping some students and explaining a few things. They (the rest of the IT staff) all started disappearing around 3, so I was left to deal with students when they came to pick up their laptops from being configured to use our network wirelessly. That took another 30min at least from the task, then there was the other jobs that I had set for the day. That's another 20 mins, not counting the hour and 20 mins I took with the girl and the pics after I realized that I was past what I thought to be the dead line. I tried calling everyone involved to let them know that I was behind, but I would get it done before I went home. But none of them were at school anymore, and when I tried to call Ron, it sounded like his cell turned off on me. But we are having some problems with our cellular service down here.

Check this. We now have two cell companies down here. Cingular , and Cable & Wireless. Now the thing is, anyone who has a C&W phone can't call anyone who has a Cingular phone and the same way the other way around. But get this. Cingular is saying that you get all you phone calls free, but the thing is, just about everyone else has a C&W phone. They flooded the market just before Cingular showed up, and it now seems that C&W are having their own problems with calls getting though to their own cells.

My sister called called or I called her, I'm not sure now. But she said that they were having chicken and chips for dinner, and Lynn was coming over to spend the night. Turns out, she came over to see Phillys. The same Phillys that finally got into her first big fight. First with out asking what anyone wanted, she just left. There was a reason, but I didn't think it was that big, and I don't remember what it was. Then I went to place orders for the chicken and chips for everyone in case she didn't go there when she stormed out. I just had to wait for the rain to finish. She took the umbrella. I asked what I was getting and then left to go to Tiga's, but as I was walking I thought that I should get something different. I shouldn't really be eating deep/pan fried anything. I know. I'll get a nice veggie pizza with veggie cheese on a wheat crust that was slightly deep dished. :) My sister got me a slice or two the week before or so. So I went, asked and was disappointed. They were out. They sold out early that day. So I told him to save a whole one for me for tomorrow. That's $16 or so for a whole one of four slices. It's just a little bigger than a personal pan size. The size of a dixie plate I would think.

Well I got the drink from there that Lynn wanted, then brought it back to the house and asked if Phillys was back. They said no and I want on to Tiga's. And there was Phillys standing up front with Lynn's black umbrella. I asked her what she ordered. She got it wrong. I told her what everyone wanted, and gave her and extra $5 for ginger beer for me. It's like... sarsaparilla with heat.

I then walked back and we all waited for her to come back. After a while Jhodie couldn't wait anymore and went and got a piece of bread and dip, and just as she bit into it, Phillys came though the gate. Then Phillys started talking before she really came into the house. She was only able to change most of the order. She got everyone's order except Lynn's. And she just started babbling. She wanted us to fork over some of ours so that Lynn can get something to eat. First off, it's not like we ordered at MickyD's and super sized it. We all had just enough, and Jhodie was sharing her's with Nika. I ordered $5 fries and one drum stick because a $7 has just about no fries and I like the fries, and Phillys got herself a $7. So she gave up a chicken, and I gave some fries, but not much. As far as I was concerned, I didn't have that much to give. The argument came when we all told Phillys that she could just have asked for another $5. She said that the girl told her that she had what she brought her. And we told Phillys that they make them then and there. She could have just asked for another $5, said that she would be back for it. Came back with what she had, maybe even stay and eat some of her's and then go back for it. If not stay in the first place.

After Lynn shouted for all of us to be quite just when I put my hand out for Phillys and Jhodie to stop shouting at each other, I thought it was over. Phillys fumed, then a spin off of the first argument started between her and Jhodie. That lasted for like 20 or so mins.

Lynn slept on the couch. I was on the computer until 4ish because the clock over the tv was behind. Way behind. It needs a new battery. By the time I woke up Lynn to us the computer again, she told me too, I had set myself up for little sleep before work.

Oh, before I hit bed, I realized that it was Friday the 13th. At least I still had some money. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment