October 29, 2005

I Was Up Too Late

That and because Jhodie took Nika to the 7th semester sale today.

So I just stayed in bed until everyone got back around 11:30. Everyone turned out to be Jhodie, Nika, Lynn, and T, the little boy for my uncle. After that people just started to show up and I just stayed in my room until 12 something when everyone had left except Lynn.

I had nightmares at first, then I ended up in a rather nice dream near the end. Ofcouse I can't remember what I dreamed about.

I wandered into the kitchen and got a piece of pear and what was left of the bread for breakfast. I wasn't really planning on eating breakfast, but too many things woke me up thought the morning. Jhodie twice, then Lynn on the phone, then some fool going around the village shouting something that made me think he was trying to call me. But then why was he in the other streets. I tried to tune him out and get back to sleep. Then an hour or so later they came back.

A little after I got in to work the guy said that he was going home. I know he was board, but he was being paid to be here for 8 hours. Then he said that he wasn't feeling well so I just waved him home. I went to see what all the hammering was about and saw that they closed off a little cove at the end of the hall. It looks like they will use it for storage. I hope we get it. The other contender for the space would be house keeping. The space is about 2 or so by 2 or so feet. It was after they had finished and left I realized that they just enclosed the light switch for the bathrooms. :) The door to the space was nailed close.

I once again had nothing to do, so I did a class after trying to make some icons from some .png files. It didn't come out as good as I would have liked, so I hunted down the kind of icon I wanted. Then I started the class. Did that for like an hour or so. Then I didn't feel well and I was a bit on the tired side, I wouldn't remember anything if I continued so I stopped and went to do something else.

I made some colouring books for Nika. I had already done a search around the net for pics and today I'll make them into .pdf books, and have them in order and such. I didn't have that many, so I did end up going out and getting some more. I found a great tracing one for letters. I then made .pdf booklets. Then made covers for those books. I only printed out one. The tracing one since she had to now learn how to write her letters. She already has a real colouring book at home. I went upstairs and got the cover that I printed since I couldn't use Rick's colour printer since I can't even get to it for some reason. Then I scanned the one pic that I got from St. Jean the other day.

While I was up and about, I went over to the library to finish up something that Collin asked me to do like 3 days ago. I had started, I'm just finishing it up now. She didn't want to get off the computer just yet, so I went over to the anatomy lab. :( Formaldehyde. You don't want to spell that stuff. The anatomy lab had more people than the lrc and library put together. Oh, I had "0" and the library had "0". The lab had like 12 students. There were 4 computers over there for me to do. Three were in the "museum". It has bones and bottles with things in them and two cut open cats. Ya. At least I couldn't really smell the formaldehyde in there. The other computer was out there. I went to it, but I couldn't do what I had to. It was turned off and locked up in the cupboard. Another time then.

I came back to do the one in the library and she was gone. Her thing was still up, but I didn't see her. Fine. I came over here, worked on the .pdf's some more, and I've got most of them done now. I just have to touch up the one of mostly Clifford. Then I'll have like 4 or 5 books that I can reprint later for Nika.

I need some Alka-seltzer or Eno. I've had acid in the back of throat for the last 3 hours. I have to buy some on my way home tonight. I just know I won't be able to go to bed if I don't get something for it.

I got Tishon to get me a lunch today. It wasn't bad. I would have liked it better if my insides weren't acting up. I was going to get something from the cafe up stairs, but they closed early. Then one of the new guys calls me up to ask me if I could cover his shift from 11am tomorrow. Ha?? He wanted to go to Nevis for something. He won't tell me what the something is, but he wants me to work an 11 hour shift. Aha. (no) He then said that I could just come in later and just work like 4 hours. I can't do that. He can't do that. I can't shrink my work hours. I told him that I didn't really feel like it. So he said ok and hung up.

After he hung up Tishon told me, it wasn't like he could do what I do, and that's true. He can't really cover for me. Who knows what might come my way this week? The school won't pay for my overtime, and I don't think he has the money to pay me my rate for over time since he just started working, and gets paid less then me. I do feel slightly bad since I normally do cover for people, but I just couldn't give up my Sunday morning, and get nothing out of it. Maybe if he had asked me 4 days ago and I had time to think about it, I might have said yes, but not the day before.

Ok, moving on.

I have 15 mins until closing time here. I found the cover for my thumb drive. I found it this morning on my chair in my room. I have a letters tracing book for Nika. I've scanned the pic for St. Jean. I've done some more of the job that Collin gave me. I've sent off two work related e-mails. I'm good.

I'll go spell check and such now so I can get this done before 10.

Now it's 10:30. The night cleaners are here, and I'm going to lock one door, then I'm out of here. :)

See ya.

Oh.. her is that site...... Jan Breet's Home Page

No comments:

Post a Comment