October 18, 2005

Non Work Stuff

I had it in my head last night to tell you stuff that didn't have anything to do with work.

Last Tuesday we went to a new supper market. I was being called the Asian supper market. It only opened like 4 or so days ago. I went there expecting to find a mini china town is supper market form. I was impressed more by the outside then the inside. It was a somewhat new if not completely new in parts, with a bright orange paint on the outside.

The inside, wasn't fully stocked, and the space was far shorter than I expected it to be. They did have a few things that I expected, and a few normal things that I didn't think about, but all in all, it wasn't as much as I was expecting. Nika had the day off from school, so I gave her a dollar, and she got herself a toybox. We walked to the store and we walked back, then we all took a nap.

Last night Nika decided to tell us that they weren't having school today. I printed up the calender of holidays to see what day it might be, but nothing was listed. Then later when were putting her to bed, she let us know that it wasn't true. Then Jhodie told me how Nika was starting miss her pre school. Nika already told me that missed the slide at her pre school.

Unlike the US, we have no parks for kinds to go and play. No slides, no monkey bars and such. He pre-school was one of the few places that had a plastic slide set. We have thought about getting one for Nika, but at her age, we would have to get a really big one so she could use it for as long as possible, and that isn't going to be anywhere near cheep, and who knows how much customs will charge me.

Speaking of school... Nika's away. It was called the village school when I was growing up. It's real name was The St. Johnson Village school. On it's 100th birthday, it was rebuilt then renamed about a year later. It was renamed The Dr. William Conner School. I hate the name. I still call it the village school. I didn't like Dr. William Conner, and I didn't like the fact that they named the school after him, but he was considered to have been a good person in the area. Oh, he was paster. That doctor thing might have thrown you.

Yesterday early Jhodie went to fish, or at least tried to. She came back around noon. She said that the waters weren't good for fishing. She had asked me earlier to go pay the phone bill so we went into town together an hour or so after she got back. On the bus ride down I saw what she ment by bad fishing water. The waves were pitching and it was gray. It was like there was a storm out there, but we didn't see it.

We went to the atm, got some money, got some meat from C&C. Wing, back-a-neck and drumsticks. Then we tried to find me some shoes. I found a pair that I liked for work, but They didn't have it in my size. I also need some shoes for just going out of the house, but those had outrageous prices on them. I may have to pay to have some shoes made up for me again. At least I know that they will last me a year. The only thing is , they are going to cost me at least $80. That is how much I paid for them about 4 maybe 6 years ago. Most likely the price has gone up. But the will be true leather shoes that were hand made. I'm sure it's still going to be a deal.

Today, my dear sister let me sleep in. It felt good, then she came and got me at noon. She said that we were going to make qauva drink, but now she's in her room chatting away with one of her friends. About an hour ago, my uncle and his friend breezed in here asking us to go looking for a computer chair on the for sale page at the school for them.

Well I should go now. Maybe get my sister up so she can come and help make the drink since I don't know how and it's her bright idea.

See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment