October 28, 2005

New Hair Style

I guess now that I should have gotten a pic, but I couldn't since I no longer had a capture card in my computer at work.

I had my hair plat in two and at the end two nice puffs. I didn't get around to washing my hair and so I needed something, but it came out quite well.

On Wednesday Ron went on vacation to Disney World. That night when I let Tishon take me home, knowing his driving, I said that I hope that a hurricane didn't hit while he was there. Tishon then said, that's why he didn't go on Tuesday. *grin*

On Monday Jhodie got it in her to clean out Nika's room and we decided to get rid of the computer parts that I've been holding on to for over a year for no real reason. I called Tishon a little after I woke up on Tuesday and left a message for him because he wasn't there. He got my message and called me to understand what the message was about. I let him know that I had part that I was giving him since I was cleaning out and I wanted the space. He said that I was giving him junk. I told him that most of the parts worked, I just didn't want them any more. He still thought that I was turning him into a junk man to take the parts to the junk yard for me. I went with him Wednesday night so he could make it to my house to pick up the parts after he told me he was coming the night before, and I waited until midnight for him to show.

On Wednesday and Thursday I was so tried at work that I fell asleep a few times. Wednesday I touched up those new pages that I was asked to add, and on Wednesday I finished it up. I was hopping to get news back today saying it was a go to changing the link so it could be accessed since the lady would have liked it up since last Friday, but no news.

Most of today I spent skinning my computer. Oh I did some work before hand. I installed a program for a teacher. I helped St. Jean with remembering how to do some powerpoint things. Then I scanned some files for a student, then helped another teacher with his scanning jobs. I had lunch at 1 since I didn't have breakfast. Then around 4 a teacher showed up for his laptop that Tishon didn't get around to looking at, so I ended up doing it for him and found things that weren't done that should have been done when it was allowed unto the network. Ok, so I didn't spend that much time skinning my computer.

The teacher had a less than 10gig hard drive on which he installed a 3 gig program. I was trying to install updates when it told me that I had 178megs of free space left. Ya.

So with the teacher's permission I uninstalled that program, and proceeded to install SP2, and 16 other updates and the install of an antivirus program. The teacher left and came back during the SP2 install, then hung around for he rest. We talked about tablets, and hard drive space and about this program that he got to help him design some landscaping. I don't know if it's for school or home. I was about to leave with him and call it and early night, since the last time I looked outside it was empty, but when he was leaving I had like 4 students in there. So I couldn't leave, but he surprised me and gave me $30. For a snack he said. Nice snack. $10 of it went towards my dinner. Yesterday she made salt fish and dumplings. I had to buy the flour before I came home that night, but today she didn't quite get around to cooking.

I was thinking of taking Nika to town and getting the bulbs that her lamp needs and pick up some bread then come home and get ready for work. Three days ago the bulbs for her Winnie the Pooh lamp blew. I found out that replacements were $2.50.

I feel bad when I don't get up early and go walking or something on the weekend before work. I'll see if I get my butt out of the house tomorrow.

Other than all that Jhodie went wireless yesterday. It was part of clearing out the hall way. Speaking of cable, the company, I heard that they were going to increase their speeds. Great. Let's see what really happens. They are doing this, as far as I can tell, because the other people who have internet access on this island is also speeding up their internet connections also. I have to watch local tv more.

Last night at work I tried to do a class. I picked the wrong path so I have do half of what I did all back over again. I have to find out if I can get certified in anything from DeVry . I know you can get a degree, I just want to get certified in a few things. I'm not going to hurt myself.

Ok, I've blogged. I can scratch that off my list.

Oh, a small bit of news. I might be able to get that laptop fixed. Do you remember me saying that a student was willing to give me his laptop, but it got broken? Well I might have found somoene who could fix it for me. I just have to talk to the student. :) Then I'll have an xp computer that I can play with. I'm sure Nika will steel it from me and using "It's just my size." as a way of explaning it. :) I hope she stays smart.

Ok.. I think that's it. I'll stay out here, watch some tv, maybe wash some dishes. Then go to bed by 1am so I can get up tomorrow and take Nika to town.

Oh, by the way. Nika loves the pencils and rubbers and sharpeners that I got her. :)

Night.


time....11:06pm

No comments:

Post a Comment