October 16, 2005

Yaaa!! HGTV is Back!

It's been gone for like a week. They changed satellites or something and the cable company finally got around to connecting back up to it.

Like I was saying, I have some catching up to do.

Monday I wanted to sleep as always, but for some reason my sister woke me up. Read my work e-mail. It's official, like I didn't know from Sunday night's e-mail, M had her baby and they are both doing fine. She had a boy. It came almost a week early. She was suppose to have a C-Section that Monday, but she went into the hospital I think almost a week early. That was why I went in for 2 instead of 11 last week Wednesday. They called Tuesday to ask me if it was ok for me to do it.

On Tuesday I didn't even bother trying and checked my mail to see that my works hours had changed a little bit starting this week, and we had a meeting that Wednesday.

Wednesday I got to work my normal time. We then had our meeting at 2, that helped to quicken the end of my shift.

Thursday I is the day that my shift hours changed a bit. All of this is cover M's shift. I now work the same hours as Wednesday and Friday. 11am till 7pm. Which kinda works out great for me. I use to complane that I didn't like having to work till 10 on Thursday then try and wake up the next day for an 11am shift. Granted I would love it if they were all changed to 2pm till 10pm so I don't really have to worry about what time I go to bed, unless I have somewhere else to go that day.

Friday, they guy who took over working M's shift, one of the past interns, asked me who was staying till closing today. ??? Me. Then I told him we close at 7pm on Fridays. Ya, he hasn't read our hours either and he works here. Oh well.

Friday also gave me one more surprise. Jason no longer works there. ??? I don't know why. Wednesday everything looked fine. Today Ron walked into his office, closed the door, came out, then I got the e-mail. I asked Rick, but he couldn't tell me. He knew, he just couldn't tell me. Fine, I don't need to know that badly, but it is a question I would like the answer for.

What else???

Well until Friday night I was strapped for cash. On Wednesday I had to get lunch so I got a sandwich on half credit. I paid $4 and I owe $4. I helped Ms Cummberbatch with a photo clean up job.

Thursday helped St.Jean again, but this was by my request. I wanted to make sure that some of the pics were turned the right way before they got put into the powerpoint. It's just easier and a bit cleaner that way. No, that was Wednesday. I remember now I mentioned in the e-mail that I had a meeting. I had also sent and e-mail to another Dr about her scan job that I did.

Here is where I went totally wrong. I sent the e-mail to the wrong person. I didn't find out until I was tried of waiting for her to answer the e-mail and called her department to find out her name. Ouch. So then I sent her a modified version of the first e-mail that I sent out. I also tried to get back the first e-mail that I sent out since we have outlook, but I think that the other person already opened it. She wrote back saying that she will come by the next day.

So now we are back on Thursday again. I'm testing out Adobe Acrobat 7 Pro and I used that and Irfanview to turn all her scanned pages into a nice little book on how to use a microscope and how to make slides the right way. She saved it to her jump drive, and then on Friday, she thanked me with a box of hard candy. :) I gave them to Nika, but that was very nice of her. After all, what kind of thank you gift can you a person like me for a job like that??

Friday night Ron said that I could go home early since there was only like this one guy here. Ya, I may get to leave while the sun still casted light on the earth. At least my small part of it. Didn't happen. It seems like three girls all left or forgot their power cords. I only had two of the three. The last one came for hers at 6:30 even though she called before 6. When the guy left, a girl had already come in and was typing up a S.O.A.P. Then she left, and came back again to fix it after the phone call. So when she left, I was happy and thought that I could leave now, then I remembered the girl who was coming for her cord. That brought me back down. So I puttered around, found some music and burned a cd for Jhodie, but I saved most of it to growing stash. I've added to it at least twice a day all this week.

Also for this past week, three days really, my sister wanted to try and get me to get to work on time for a change. Wednesday was a no go since I went to bed so late, Thursday I made it spot on. I walked as turned 11am. Then Friday I was back to where I normally end up. 20 past I think. Today was the same, even though I started out ahead of time since I decided to not wash my hair today because it would have taken to long, so I went back to my two "coco puffs" as a friend of mine use to call them. I have been so afraid of wearing that hair style since I thought it made my face so big, but then all my hair has been of my face for ages now, so I went for it. Not bad, and I think it looks better now since my hair is all natural again.

So we reach Saturday. The kid was covering the day shift. He gave me a list that was left by Ron a student from Dr. Wallace. I looked at the sheet and knew that we didn't have half the videos that were on this list. 30 mins later I confirmed it. We had 4.

In an hour, the kid came in and asked me how things were going. He was board. I told him that weekend shift is good if you have work to catch up on. Nothing much happens on the weekends. If you showed up with nothing waiting for you, you will be waiting for the whole shift. He came in like 3 times I think, then he left a little early. Just 10 mins. Then I heard Rick and some other people in his office. Thin wall between us. Then a very worried student showed up. One of the like 4 students with a Mac here at school. It sounded like he had a busted display, so it had to go back to apple. He asked how long. I told him 2 weeks. It really wasn't what he wanted to hear. Right after he left me, he heard the guys in back and went to get a second opinion. At first I was disappointed that he didn't think that I knew what I was talking about and went to ask a guy. But then, I started to think that I may not have thought it through, and if I was right, it wouldn't have been just me telling him so. While all of them went over and looked at his nice 17" T notebook. I went and got a drink from Rick's new mini frige. I then walked over and told him I took the fruit punch. I heard them say that they couldn't do anything, and warranty, a word I forgot about.

Does anyone know what software you use to modify quicktime movie files?? That I remembered to do a bit late in the day. I found one movie maker, but it didn't handle .mov files. I'm going to have to spend a lot more time at it tomorrow. I could just go to quicktime.com and see what they say to use.

So I widdled away at my time until Ron called saying that he was sending a teacher for some anti-virus software and such. Then I told him about the video list, he said make up a list of what we have and don't have from the list and he'll talk to the teacher on Monday. Fine. I gave the teacher when he finally showed up an hour later. He showed up at 10 or so still 10, so I asked for a ride home. That makes like my 5th ride home I think this week. It's a record.

Also, this girl was suppose to come by and get some money from me for a video camera that she was selling for $35 EC. She never showed. Tomorrow is her last chance before I she can try and get it again from on Wednesday.

Ok. That's it. Tomorrow, sometime, I'll try and get around to finish up writing about Sat and Sun.
Copying this before it goes up in smoke. Ok.. done.. and it's 3:08am... I should try and find my bed now.


Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment