June 03, 2005

Everyone Is Moving Today.

Well Nika only come out once last night. The rest of the night she slept in her bed. Jhodie gave up her fan to her. At least last night was nice and windy and cool. I even turned off my fan. One, I didn't need it and Two, it was making too much noise.

Today I changed the blouse that I was wearing to work. Normally I just keep the same thing for the first three days of work then change to something a little less workish for the weekend.

Either which way, I got to work to find that Rick had already moved to the room next work. There was a nice gap in the room where his desk use to be. He even got around to changing the monitor that was going bad on him. Speaking of monitors, I thought four died on us last night, and after trying to get them to come back on, I sent an e-mail out saying that they might need replacing. I came in today to find out that they were working this morning when they came in.

Well, I ran into Dr. G on my way to my department when he ran into me and he slightly vented about something not being fixed but he also realized that we were very short handed. He went down stairs looking for Rick I think, to find no one there. So I said that I would help him with the problem after he got back from the field. I walked down to the LRC to be sent over to fix something that was "wrong" with the scanner on the SGA computer. I didn’t get to walk into my “office” yet. I handed my bag to Rick and turned around to walk over to it. The computer was over in the far corner of the LRC. Nothing should be wrong. It was used three weeks ago and I tested it two weeks ago. Turns out they were using photo shop to scan the pictures, which you can do, but I teach everyone to use Irfanview to do the scanning part, and then open Photoshop if they needed to do some real photo editing.

Speaking of Irfanview, *voice from the future*, a new version is out with improved plug-ins. http://www.irfanview.com

As I was saying, it was working fine, in Irfanview that is. I don't know why it crashed when he tried to use photo shop. I'll look at it later. It was a good, paid for copy that I used. Oh well. I was then told to go find him. He was up the FDC I was told. He wasn't there, but I still needed to talk to him. We changed the SGA local password so we have to find out what it was from him to put it back. :)

I didn't have much to do for the rest of the night.

Oh, but there was Dr. G. He found me on my way back down from the FDC. I had stopped off at the FinAid department to see about some links that I was set to post that weren't working. I ended up using this thing called Tinyurl to fix a problem that I was having with a link that was being cut in two because the program thought that part of the link was a command. Anyway, Dr. G.

We walked down to ML1 and he sad something about how my face looked. I think I was just feeling off when he ran into me. I told him it wasn't him. Anyway, he had an interesting problem. At first I thought that I found a dumb and easy fix for it, then it got odd. First I changed the output from laserdisc to computer, but then one power point worked on one didn't. He put movies in his power points to show in class, but one works just fine, while the other one has almost no volume and nothing was changed, and he swears that they both work fine on his system. I told him that he could send me the movie file and I can up the volume in movie maker and send it back to him. He said ok, but he never sent it to me. I guess he'll just use the tape. :)

Then I walked over to what is now "Turtle Jane" and asked for a sandwich with out having money. :) I said that I had money upstairs. They were closing just now, it was 1pm. She gave it to me and just confirmed that I was going to play her on Monday. Sure. There is $8 that I owe.

**voice from the future again*...realized and found out that I owe someone else money on Saturday when I tried to brake a $20 and he couldn’t. $6. The $60 that I got from Jhodie on Friday is shrinking fast.

When I got back I was asked about putting out the new headsets we got. Most of the computers no long have head sets on them. Some just up and walked away, while others broke. I made a good argument why all of use should do it once there weren't too many students on the floor, but Tishon got pulled way for a long time, then he just went home, then E left when she heard that he wasn't coming back, and then Collin called it off until Monday. He did ask that I try and get some done over the weekend thought. Well at least I had already unpacked all of them.

When I was unpacking, Rick came back over. He was lonely. :)

That night after work I was planning on going over to my uncle's house to finish what I started with the updates to his computer, but it didn't turn out that way. My sister called to ask me something or something, and I told her that I was heading over to Uncle Ray’s house after work and call to see if he could come for me. Then just as I was about to run for the bathroom, she called back to say that Uncle Ray wasn't home and that Muffet was leaving so no one was going to be there. Their loss I said and hung up to run for the bathroom.

I think she called to make sure that I was home in time for the start of Stargate and such. But the session doesn't start for another week or so I told her.

I left, caught a bus, walked home from about two blocks way when the bus was stopped and got home to hotdogs. I think. Nope. That was Saturday night. I got home to nothing. She went to out to get Pizza, the veggie stuff, but they were out, so she came back with four bbq drum sticks. They were too spicy for Nika. She ended up having a yogurt later. Hey, I tried to give her something else. She wanted a yogurt.

I don't think that I saw much on tv that night.

And that's the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment