June 21, 2005

Not Much So Far.

Monday I was pulled from my bed by the cable company. They sent someone else by to check out our modem. The modem didn't need checking. He gave us the number of the people who could answer my questions.

Well they haven't closed any ports, but there is a cap on how much p2p programs can download. She did say that they will be making some changes/updates so the cap could be a bit higher. I didn't press for a when. I was pretty sure I wouldn't have gotten one anyway, and if I did, who said that they could keep to it.

I did something, then took a nap before picking up Nika at 3pm. I was taking her to town so she could pick out a new story cd. Before that we stopped off at TDC to get an internet cable. A 25 foot cat5 cable with RJ45's at each end only cost me $15. Then we sung by a few places on our way to Ram's. Oh I forgot something.

After picking up the cat5 cable, we went to the toy store to get the cd for Nika. There we bumped into Jhodie. She had finished with the lady. By the way, they sent her back home. They came, took her to the hospital, and then sent her back home without telling anyone. She fell out of her bed, and called out to her next door neighbor for help. I was mad, I even thought about calling up this talk show on the radio down here and telling them what the hospital did, but since it's more or less the only really hospital on the island, and two people could make bad things go their way if they were involved or mentioned I can't really say anything now without being able to prove what I say is true. I don't care what happens to me. They (the nurses at the hospital) already hate me. They tend to do that when they aren't doing their job and you point it out to them.

How did they get to hate me? Last year when my mother came down to see us and Nika for the first time, Nika got sick and was in the hospital for about 2 or so weeks. Jhodie and I took shifts staying with her. She was 3 maybe, or just turned 4. They wouldn't check on her when they were suppose to, we pointed out things to them, at times I would just look at them before I would say anything.

Before that I got into something with some of them over in maturity when Jhodie was having Nika. She had a C-section. At night she would take Ice to the other mothers there when the nurses weren't looking. In the beginning she would tell them, and they would do it later, say they couldn't do it for what ever reason, or something else. I would have to ask Jhodie again.

Jhodie, who by the way, is asleep in the couch as I type this up. She was suppose to go up by the lady to give her, her lunch but she isn't feeling well she said. The part I don't like is that she doesn't have a contact number to let anyone know that she can't make it. The sad part is that the lady's memory is starting to go, and since she can't eat much anymore, she may think that Jhodie already came. :(

Well back to yesterday.

We bumped into Jhodie at the toy store. She was buying posters for Nika. There weren’t any sponge bob ones, thank goodness. I hate that show, but Nika likes it. But she likes Pooh too. So she got three of those. I got the cd at $28 and Jhodie threw in a pooh book for $6.

Then all three of us stopped off at a few places on our way to Rams. First Jhodie went by her cloths store, nothing was there for her. Then I stopped in a music shop to ask about something that someone at work asked me. I may get one myself. It's a cd of steel pan music. They are selling it for $50 EC. Then we sung by DotCom to see how much they were selling their switches for. We were talking about getting a switch and wiring so we could have both computers connected to the net at the same time. I had already called around this morning and got two prices. $60 and $80 I think. The one at DotCom was $120. The guy at DotCom said that if I wanted a cheaper one I should check TDC. He seemed a tad un-loyal to his store, but then we found out that doesn't even by anything from here unless he can help it. He's black, but English. He gets all his stuff from on line.

Got to go. Be back in like 2 hours.

Back... A bit more than 2 hours later. More like 4ish. I went to clean my ears, I couldn't hear that well. I fell asleep and hurt my arm, but I woke up in time to get Jhodie to get Nika. Then we did some gardening. I thought it was a bit late, but I went with it. We started by pulling up some weeds that were by the front gate, then we moved over to "mutant" grass that was growing in the square between the front of the house and the side garden. Then we did a bit more pulling. This time I was saving some basil shoots. Everyone said that they are so hard to grow, yet they are taking over our yard with a number of other plants that we have growing in the yard. We moved one of the three Papaya trees that just started to grow in our yard all on their own. That one got moved because it was where we wanted to plant the gooseberry tree. I picked some weeds from between the ground crawling mint. We have to water it some more. I think we forgot to for a week and now it has patches.

Well now we are inside. Nika was watching tv, now she has gone to her room to hear the new cd I got her. I'm watching Jeopardy, and Jhodie is starting dinner.

I have to, despite the flack that people give Microsoft, say I do like their office suit. So far, I've learned that I their spell check and grammar check is currently better than the one I'm using from OpenOffice.

Well I have to go again. My sister wants me to chop onions. I hate chopping onions. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment