June 30, 2005

Just Checking In.

About an hour ago I felt like going to bed, but I came back to work on my "network".

Before I start my rant, here are the good things that happened so far.

1, I fixed the codec thing. As far as I now know, ever video in every form that is on this computer can now be played back. All I needed, believe it or not, was "K-Lite Codec Pack". It made me uninstall some other codecs that I had already installed, and I left it to pretty much install itself with the default settings except one. I had it include one set of codecs that I installed at work, just to be on the safe side.

2, I finished Dr. G's slides. I didn't have that much left to scan. Which left me time to install Quick time 7 and his new camera for him on his system. Not that he didn't know how to, he just didn't have the rights on his computer.

3, My laptop and desktop are now networked. **bad news.. they still can't be on line at the same time. **

4, I remembered to buy eggs, and take back the empty egg boxes.

5, I woke up on time to iron my shirt even if I only got about 4 hours of sleep last night. It's amazing how when I don't have work, my body can't move until 11am, yet when I know I have to wake up and iron my cloths my body wakes up with out a fight at 8am. I hit myself and went back to bed for another hour or so.

6, Yesterday my sister sold somethings that we have been talking about getting rid of for a while. I got about $35 for a pair of shoes, and a cut of the price of what he might sell some dresses for. I had three pairs of shoes, but back when we let a mice live, it chewed on two of the shoes. It's not bad, just two nibbles here and there, but they are nibbled so we couldn't sell them even if they have never been worn. My mom got them for me years ago to go to work in, but they were too big.

7, My sister sold her mangos to the store down the street for a dollar each. Someone told her that she was selling the kind she had too cheaply.

That might be it.

8, Oh, 2 small other things. Part 1, I had three squares today, at the right time too. Part 2, I posted another page of wallpaper on my website. I got them from a student. It's a set of sunset pics. I like the middle one best. It's the three stages of a sunset. They out do anything I tried to do before.


The bad news, or the not too nice things that happened.

1, Well you know about the tree that hit me in the head. Well yesterday I spent most of the day in pain and laying down. My sister had to go buy my some pills. At first I said that they wouldn't work on me, but then she reminded me that I hadn't taken any in while. I need like 4 to fell anything the first time, then up the 6 the next day and 8 the next, then it just stops working. We thought that I may not make it into work today, but I made it. Once or twice my head did hurt, but it passed.

2, I CAN'T SHARE INTERNET BETWEEN THE TWO COMPUTERS. I took the hub in to Rick so he could test it, and I would hear him say that it doesn't work, but no, he tells me to take it home and call him so he can help me over the phone. I didn't get around to even touching it until mins to 10, and he wouldn't answer any of his phones. For all I know he was asleep, and turned off his cell and plugged out his phone. I tried up until 15 past, still nothing. Fine. I'll call him at work, and when he realize that I was telling the truth when I said it didn't work, then I hope I get a discount on the one I wanted to buy from him, or have him place an order for me in the first place. :)

3, It got cold today. Really cold, it's a good thing I saw it coming and took my coat with me to work. The last 40 mins before it pured I was just about shaking and I was soooo happy that I was going home at 7 pm. Then I as signed a note and was turning to walk outside, with my eggs and hub, I heard the down pour on the roof. Great! Then Tishawn walked in a little wet. I asked for a ride home, but he had something to do first. I helped, but we still didn't leave until 7:30. I called Jhodie to let her know why I was coming home late. At least I got a ride home. That's the good part.

I should just go to bed now, but I don't want to in a small way. :(

Ok, that's it. I may, Oh, that isn't it. Foxfire did a play dead act for me tonight. So I uninstalled it and re-installed it, then I had to delete my Foxfire profile to get it to work again. I have to get a skin for this thing. It made me think that I was too quick in saying that that didn't have to re-install the desktop after all. :)

Ok, Now I'm going.

Oh, one last note. That link to the song, it is a link to a song that I uploaded for you guys to download. I'm going to add some AMV's tomorrow at work. Every time I try to do it from home, it fails.

Ok, leaving to spell check. I just grammar checked, so I go the major stuff out. Time is now 3:09. Later than I want it to be.

Bye Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment