June 25, 2005

In Some Small Way This Is What I Need

I need a hero. (Bonnie Tyler - Holding Out For A Hero)

For the past few days I've gotten small gifts that are now biting hard.

First we decided to get both computers on line. I spent the money on the cable and I was given a hub for free. The hub doesn't work. I stayed up until 3am after two nights of trying and couldn't get it to work. One guy at work says that it can't work, and then the guy that gave it to me asked why wasn't it working. So I'm bring it in on Wednesday to have him show me how to use it and get this over with. But as far as my luck will have it, I'm sure I won't get my answer on the first day. He'll be too busy or something.


Next there is that movie that I spent over $40 I'm sure on power to download it for the past 2 if not 3 months to have it finish last night just to tell me that I can't play it. Oh, the things I downloaded to check it to see if it was damaged, and to see if I had the codecs told me that I had everything to view it, and it wasn’t damaged. Yet it constantly crashes anything that opens it. Granted I haven't tried Winamp, but then I don't install that part of it. It's an old-ish computer, I try not to push it some times. I open it in Windows Media player, it crashes, I open it in DivX player and it crashes. I got a dvd player since it says it’s dvd rip and that doesn't play it either. I get sound fine, and a nice black screen.

My sister commented on me commenting that it feels like someone is out to get me, when all she had to complain about was that her avatar won't come up in yahoo and mine does on her laptop. I just told her to tell Phillys to send us the cds that came with it so I can re-install. Now I'm thinking that I should just re-install my desktop too. This will make like the 5th or so time since I got it. No, second time. I had a computer before that that I also reinstalled once or twice, then I got this one, and then had to reinstall it. At times we forget that we had another computer before this one. That one was even older. She then asks me as I'm putting on my shoes how often are you suppose to re-install your OS. Well that just depends. For someone like me it would be like every 2 years if something went wrong. Some people never have had to re-install their OS.

Now to make this day even more perfect, I had to come in to work on time today so M could leave for something else. I really hope that she told Ron and not just me, because I just lost 3 hours of scanning time. I was on a roll. 6 hours this weekend, then if I could help it, almost my whole shift on Wednesday, and *praying* I would have finished all of them just in time. Now I don't see that happening unless I have some very empty pages in that folder yet to come. Also, I’m hoping that the LRC gets very empty so I go upstairs and do get scanning done.

I am currently hurting my teeth on a cold apple. I can't really eat cold things, but I'm hungry. It doesn't even taste that good. :(

And I have nothing to do. Well I could finish up the install thing I was doing yesterday. I have like 16-25 more computers to get done.

I'm not happy today.

No comments:

Post a Comment