July 29, 2005

I Almost Didn't Have Anything To Do Today

Even on his way out my boss shook his head and said how he didn't get with me this week. Then he started to talk about showing up this week, but it ended with him saying that he'll just e-mail the list of things to be changed and I just meet with him as I went along.

To keep myself from pacing the floor with nothing to do, I first did the few web updates that were sent to me. I hoped to have gotten an answer back from a person I sent a file back to for approval, for posting, but still nothing. By the time I get it, the few people who would have read it for an upcoming event, (if the event hasn't already pasted) will miss having the information for the event. You would think no one checked their e-mail for how long I have to wait for an answer.

Well after I did the few postings, and a few website touch ups, I went to cover the front desk. E went for lunch along with just about everyone else. It's at least 1:45pm now. I'm sure it was a bit later, but I don't know by how much. While she was gone I did most of this ...



I didn't get it completely finished for a few another hour or so. I wasn't finished with it until after 4pm. I kinda crashed the program. I tried to save it, but when it came time to kill the program, I didn't feel the dread of having to retype it. I knew that I saved it, but I didn't remember how far back. Turns out it wasn't that far back. I just spent a lot of time looking for one of the last two clip art pics for it.

What do you think? The whole thing is real, just no one asked me to do it. The new guy made it for his aunt, and I thought I could do better. I'm just not use to working with anything this small, but it's made to be printed 4"x4", or something like that. It' not as long as the one he had, but it's much wider. I tried to print 4 per page, and as you can guess, they came out a bit small, but two per page should work nicely.

I then worked on this number after I posted some other web work that was e-mailed to me around 2.



This one I worked on until it was time to leave. The ornament was the hardest thing to do. I re-did it like 4 times. It would have been easier if had more white space on either side. That was one of my plans to make it easier on myself, but somehow I just forgot and worked on it the hard way.

I didn't freeze like I thought I would today at work. It's been raining off and on since 3am. Break out room one got a bit wet. The rain came though a gap between the wall and the window. I think. There was the hole at the edge of the front desk. I placed a can there to catch the water. Just now I heard some thunder, and when I was out buying dinner, I saw lighting.

Then I watched Star Gate. I missed bits here and there, and oh, my cousin is here. She's here for the seventh semester sale tomorrow. Thanks to her, I'm going be up of 9am. They want me to go with them. I really don't know why, but during all this, we are going to go across the street, and get a ceiling fan. Finally. The price went down this week, but we don’t know if any will be left. Jhodie called yesterday and they said that they had like 56 left. We are hoping that at least one is left for when we get there tomorrow.

AM came by before closing. Some time around 6 I think. We talked a little, and I got a copy of a cd that she got from a teacher that day. It's the new Harry Potter book on cd. I got it for Nika since she seems to like Harry Potter.

Nika has been bouncing off the walls like she ate sugar cubes for lunch, but my sister recently told me that she just had a late nap. She most likely won't look at sleep until at least midnight. That is in 40mins.

I think that's it.

*Yawn... * I have to go make a copy of a cd for Lynn (my cousin).

Night.

The time is now. 11:25pm.

Spell and grammer checking finished. Time - 11:53

See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment