July 20, 2005

What I Was Running From Yesterday, Got Me Today.

A power outage.

Yesterday I thought it was going to happen, but it's tonight it stuck twice.

Why haven't I come on earlier. Power outage that lasted a few hours, then I set up the wireless/wired router that I got from my uncle.

He came over for help with that laptop he got a few months ago, and I couldn't help him. One, it didn't have a nic card to connect to the network at work. Two, it's cd rom drive wasn't being seen by the computer in any way, even though it looked and sounded to be working fine. And three, it's a win98. It needed the win98 cd to install everything. I think that thought about copying the cd to the hard drive, but didn't because of space. It's only a 4 point something gig size hard drive.

He almost got around the internet/network connection thing, but it asked for the win98 cd. So I lent him my thumb drive to get what ever it was that he wanted to copy to the laptop to his desktop instead from work. I just hope that what ever it is, it fits on my thumb drive. It's only 128mbs.

Well I woke up as late as my sister would let me sleep. I messed with the re-infection of my computer for another few hours, and I was able to wash some dishes and clear the table. It turned out to be a good thing since my uncle showed up with his problem like a min after I wiped down the table.

Oh, I hoping, but so far, it looks like the linksys has put and end to the viruses and Trojans and such that were popping up every 25 mins or so on this computer. The only down side, which now seems a fact of peers v. lechers, is that my download speed is way down now. The upload speed is the same as before, but the download is now 1/4 of what it use to be.

I'm going to go and test out the wireless connection.

20 mins later.....

Ok, it's working. I have a fully working network. Cool, and I think that this is the kind that I ordered, but it might be a newer model. I should be getting it in week or so. I don't know when Rick ordered it for me.

Other than all that, the day was ok. A bit on the hot side until the downpour we had. Once this afternoon as the clock struck 4 when Jhodie was suppose to go for Nika, and then tonight about 7:20 when the power went out. I was dreading the worst. Thinking that a wire snapped in our area. Didn't think we would have power back until the morning.

It's starting to rain again.. so I'm post this now. Please forgive my spelling and other typos. I'll fix them tomorrow. I'm off for a shower.

Night.


Ok..spell checked and such. :)

*I might go work on a calvin wallpaper until they give me work to do. :)*

No comments:

Post a Comment