March 30, 2005

I'm here, I'm here.

Let see...

*hitting pencil to lips*

Ah yes...

On Monday with my sneezing head achy self, I took Nika on a bus ride after we swung by work to tie up a few loose ends.

One - I went to get a phone number that needed to be called to register the software.
Two - I went by the office of the lady that hired me so she can call it. Even though it's a 1-800 number, nothing is free other than 911 and 114. She was out so I left a note will everything on it.
Three - Turned in my over time sheet and my sickness sheet.

Then we took a very fast bus ride until it stopped, which was alot sooner then I liked. They stopped at what might be the end of Sandy Point, but since I didn't know of anywhere beyond Sandy Point for them to take us, they turned around and headed back to Basseterre.

On the way there, Nika kinda liked it, but the guy was going so fast on the way back that she got tried of watching blurs. So she napped on me until it was time to get off in like 20 or so mins. At the speed that we were going, he could have gone around the island in just over and hour, and you wouldn't have seen a thing. But then, if you want to go sight seeing on this island, you have to be rich and get a taxi, or you have a car, or you have friend who wants to around the island you who has a car.

Tuesday Nika went back to school, and I was knocked out from my sneezing and running nose and what-nots. My sister woke me up at noon and I didn't even feel like I slept that long. Anyway, she went to her afternoon job, and I woke up so that I could go to town and pay telephone and cable. I slowly work up. Had a saltfish sandwich, was on the computer for a bit. I played music in the shower. I think it was the jagged little pill cd.

I was a tad low on money so I walked it in to town, and because I wanted to see how fast I would take to walk a mile. My sister says that you should be able to walk a mile in 15 mins. At first I thought I was doing well. But somewhere between almost being there and being 10 mins behind, I lost 10 mins when I got where I was going. So I can almost walk a mile in 15, besides I wasn't pushing myself.

Got there but there was no money. It was about 10 past 3. So I thought that maybe I was somehow early even though the bank closed over an hour ago. I stood there and then checked 15 mins later. Still nothing. Waited another 15 mins. Still only $55 on my account. Great. I had to go. I had to pick up Nika at 4. So I walked it over to the bus stop, and caught it up to her school.

I asked her if she wanted to go to town. Yes I was going to try again. I was after 4. Normally we didn't go for my money until after 4. So we went down, and bumped it her god mother who she calls grandma. I went to check the account, but still nothing. Aggy (god mother) said that she would give me a ride home, so I went to where her car was. I told her how I needed the money for some allergy pills. I had come to the conclusion that I couldn't have a cold again so soon. I must have allergies. So I was going to also get some pills so I could work the next day.

She said that she would get me some since she knows had bad they can be. She also told me about her new job that she was getting at the new nursing school. She will be getting a very, very nice pay hike. It's over double what she is being paid now.

I came home with some pills and Nika got some marshmallow things that her god mother got her. I then saw Verey's dirty face looking out at me as I opened the gate to come inside the yard. I had no clue what was going on. I opened the door, and saw shoes that I never say before along with mine that Jhodie borrowed. Ok. I heard singing from the bathroom. Jhodie had my cd player plugged up and singing her heart out as she took her long shower and was washing her hair.

In time, she told me that she was waiting for us, then I remembered that I was suppose to call and let her know that we went with Aggy, anyway, she didn't see us for so long that she thought that I was stuck in town, and went to get Nika. She went and say that no one had come for Verey yet, and it was mins to 5pm, so they begged her to take him home. So she did, and upon entering the house, she called Pearl to tell her to get someone to come for her kid.

Ok, about 10 mins after I came home someone showed up for him. As he was leaving, I really hit me that his face had snot on it. They were feeding him Milk, but I didn't get it out fast enough to tell or ask the girl that picked him up. It seems that the girl, that looked 16 was 12 and was Pearl's sister. I really have no clue how many kids her mother has.

Last night I stayed up abit late to iron my skirt for work. Yes I ironed. I washed, and I hung out cloths at 11pm. I have some cloths looking at me now to get hanged out, but I don't want to. It's 1:30am an my sister is already asleep. Sad I'll see about doing the dishes instead. I might be able to pull off hanging out the cloths tomorrow before I go town, or before I go to work.

Todays day wasn't that bad. A bit overwhelming at a few times. I got to work almost on time. Ron was in a good mode, and I got started doing some web work that I saw in my inbox yesterday. I was almost done with that when Collin said that Ron wanted to talk to the two of us. Turns out we didn't have an up to date list of the printers we had on campus, the ink they needed and where these printers were. A bunch of teachers got moved, a few printers got changed, some places that didn't have a printer before got a new one.

So first we were going to walk around and just look into each office, then Ron said that he didn't want Collin doing it since he had other things to get done, and Collin just didn't want to do the other things. :) At least for a bit. So we were going to call around instead of walk since we were the only ones there. But as soon as I was finished setting up my excel sheet and looking for numbers to call, a teacher called about a printer with a paper jam. Great, and it was the building I was going to call first.

I printed out the sheet, got a pen and told Collin that I was off to Adm4. I fixed the paper jam and started taking inventory. In the process I was confronted with a number of problems from a number of teachers. One teacher swears that she can only print one page at a time of anything. I told that I worked on that the week she moved in and fixed it, but currently she didn't have anything that she wanted to print to show me. So next time she will call me, so I can walk up two flights of steps to watch her print. *grin*

Then the next teacher. The teacher that I've been avoiding. We lost some movies, that we didn't know that were suppose to keep because he didn't come to check out what was listed under his name. After explaining that for a while, he gave me 2 videos to copy to replace two of th 5 that were missing. As I'm finishing up with him, another teacher swings by and asks for help connecting up a laptop to a big tv for a review session that he was having in the new meeting room up there. There was nothing for me to do, he just didn't know about the wireless that we had in the building. (on thing that worked out fine)

On to the other builds.

*prune juice. not quite the way I remembered it. Got some last paycheck I think, just having some. I wanted something to drink other than water*

I did 5 buildings or blocks in all. Adm4, Adm3, Adm2, Adm1 and Adm. In the process, I got about 65 slides to scan, a 1-800 number to call, that took like 15 mins. I packed up some boxes of ink, then before leaving after the 1-800 number I realized that I didn't do all of them. Half of the junk that I passed on my way in to the room where I packed up the ink that I did see was other boxes of ink. That will be be tomorrow.

Got down stairs, typed up everything, and started some work on a laptop that was left at my desk. It was a mess. Not the mess I would expect, but a mess non the less. She said on the note that she had a virus. She had like 7 things on her system put there to keep her virus free. What did she do or didn't do to get a virus? For one thing, I know that Tishon had to update her anti-virus software, and that's all that was needed for it to go wrong.

It lost power before it was finished the first time he ran anti-virus on the laptop. So I tried my trusty friends over at panda software. But it had to give me trouble there too. Somehow, something was blocking the site from running. So I went to another one. I'll get you the link. It's good to have a back up. It found 4 Trojans, but it couldn't clean any of them. I looked at the files and realized that I could just delete the files myself if they weren't currently running. So all in all, I spent over 2 hours on it, and I lost the touch pad. It just died. After restarting twice, I went and got usb mouse so I could try and fix this after already re-installing the drivers.

Near the end I got the pad back, I cleaned out almost a gig of temp files, and used TuneUpXP or something like that to fix a bunch of stuff, restarted it, and left it defraging.

I then tried to leave work at 7:30, 30 mins later then I should be, when I had to go back to e-mail something that they would need tomorrow before I came in, and as I'm walking out the door, I was asked to check class room 3. I had to close up class room 3.

I got home, talked to a few friends, had a dinner a bit late, but it was good. Caught a mouse, and wrote up my blog. It's now 2:04am. I still feel like I can do some dishes.

Off to spell check.
See ya.


*sorry, too long and too late to grammer check*
*ok grammer checked. Now 2:26am. Don't feel like doing dishs now.*

No comments:

Post a Comment