March 10, 2005

Work Work Work

I was busy Wednesday.

It was a good thing I went to the seventh semester sale before I went down stairs. I didn't get a chance to come back out again.

I did this, I ran and did and that. I got a job from St. J to scan some pages and send them to a someone like now, so I went in the back and Rick was there showing the new library person how to use the computer and such. But he told me to give him 20 mins. AT first I thought it was odd, but I said fine and went back out. Then just as I got back behind the front desk, Ron came in and gave me some like 19 pages that he wanted scanned and in word format as soon as possible. I told him that Rick told me to wait. He then went back there to talk to Rick and then came and told me to Rick said it was all right. Great. I walked back there and he's laughing.

First I started the scans for St. Jean. I only have 5 of his and he just wanted them in .jpg format and to be e-mailed off. Then I started the stuff for Ron when Rick was done. They were using the computer with the OCR software. Then it scanned those things at 300 I checked my mail to find that Ron sent me something else to do. I had to do with the printing off of power points from the restricted area.

We have a few set of computers that have access to some information via login. Once you are in, you can't save, print or use internet to send anything. IE won't open up. But somehow they got IM to work, the transfer doesn't work, so we are fine by that.

Anyway, I had to print off these things for this girl, because she has a learning disability. At one point I thought, nice way to get notes and such, but then I just thought it was dumb idea. And after I was done with the point points, which took abit longer that it should have because I had to change some things in a PowerPoint to make it printable, I typed up my overtime sheet. When I was doing that I found out that I had goofed and opened it up in acrobat maker to fix the problem. Then when I was done with that and still on Ron's pages, a Dr. showed up and of course needed my help. That reminds me I have to look at the end computer back there. Another teacher showed up and for some reason on that computer it was making .pdf files at word docs.

I was stuck back there for another hour or so. When I was finished, I walked into Ron's office just as he was putting on his coat to leave. I gave him my over time sheet, the print outs for that girl, and I gave him back the sheets he gave me to scan. I e-mailed him the .doc version like 20 mins later. At this point it's like 5pm, and I have 2 hours of my shift left.

Earlier I had sent M to get some eggs and tomatoes for me from upstairs. Every Wednesday a "farmer", I don't really know if is or isn't, but he sounds like one. Anyway, he shows up and sells eggs and veggies up on the grass. I've been forgetting for weeks to get up there. Since I don't really leave down here anymore. She came back down and asked me if I care if the eggs were brown or white. I told her eggs are eggs. Don't care if they are brown or white.

I don't remember what I did, but I know I had stuff to do. In an hour I as at the front desk covering for M who went for lunch or dinner or what ever you call it. I call it lunch. My sister called and I was yawning on the phone, and I was ready to leave, and I even said as much. My sister called to say that she didn't really cook, so buy bread on my way home. Great.

Then it came time for me to leave and I set up this program to compress a movie file that was too big and taking too long for the students to open. After setting that up it was already like 20 past, then I remembered I had a classroom to close up. T had told me before he left at 5 also.

So I went by and closed up then took the bus home and stopped off to get 4 bread for $5. I was tired. I even called it quits and went to bed way early. I was in bed and sleeping before 10pm I'm sure.

End of Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment