October 18, 2004

And I thought that I wasn't going to have anything to do.

My day was slow yesterday. Up until about 5pm I was finding ways to pass my time. The only big thing that happened until then was the new kid took the key to our offices with him again. But I didn't make a fuss about it, because I didn't need anything from inside there today, or I would have called up Collin to let me in. I did call the kid to see if he could bring it in, but he didn't have any transportation, and he was far out in the country. St. Paul’s to be exact.

So I was sitting there, acutely playing a game I installed months ago, and had barley played, and making good progress too.

Then it started. The rain. It rained, and rained, and rained. I got a leak next to the desk, I moved the trash can under it. Then a student called me to show a leak coming from the corner of a light by some computers. I went over and looked up at the light and saw the water dripping from the corner along with water on the inside of the light on the glass or plastic or what ever that is made from.

Then in the matter of mins I found myself standing in water in the Library. I asked the new girl in the library where the water was coming from? I saw some dirt or something like that and realized that it was coming from behind the wall and under the bookcase. I went to look at the room behind the bookcase and it was flooded t0o, and the water was coming from out undr the door.

Well, before something really bad happened I asked for an umbrella to go and get blade because he didn't have a phone. Ofcouse it was beyond pouring when I went outside. I tried to save my shoes and socks, but I should have just taken them off before I even went out side. My first step out and they was just about covered. Almost two inches of running water had flooded outside. I did find a "dry" spot by the trash cans and took off my socks and shoes before I went any further. Got down stairs and knocked on the door and realized that he had already left. Made my way back up the steps and walked back down the river and back inside. I was really happy I turned down the AC back when it started to get cold just before it started to rain.

I then walked my wet feet to the back room to use the only phone that I had access to that could call a cell phone belonging to the guy we were suppose to call for things like this. He didn't seem to think that it was that big of a deal and said that he's get Blade to come. The guy that I got wet looking for.

.... BRB....

4 hours later

Hi ya.

My sister had to use the computer and I was resting my back. I'll let you know why in a bit. Back to yesterday.

Well, 20 or so mins later when I was helping to unplug some of things in the room where the water was coming from Blade showed up. The water stopped him, then were it was coming from got him concerned. I then told him about my little light leak, that didn't make him happy.

A student from one of the study rooms came and told me that there was water coming in though window. I explaned that some students left the window up when it rained it ruined the seal, and there was nothing I could really do about it, but I'll come and have a look in a bit.

I helped the library out a bit, and called Collin up to come and open the office (which is also our storage room) so I could get some plastic to cover the computers under the light and to maybe let him know about our little flooding thing. I then went to have a look at the room. It wasn't that bad, and I cleaned up around the window and on the desk by the equiptment. They had plugged out the APC's and put the window coverings on the window still to soak up some of the water. Intresting. There was some water on the floor, so I went to get a mop from the library to mop it up.

Blade had gotten them some bigger mops and he had a floor squize to push the water to one place. Well I got one, mopped up the floor in my reading room then helped the two girls in the library for about 20 or so mins. By this time, it had flowed from that room, though the wall, under and past the built in desk to the other side of the room under some computers and the copy room had water coming out and getting the carpet wet in the hallway.

Oh, as we were just about finished dealing with the water (Blade had gone and gotten a wet vac to help), a guard came by to say that the ceilling for one of the big class rooms had fallen in. Ya.

I was gald that I was done, my back was killing me. I hurt it like 2 years ago. I was helping set up the new LRC and I hurt my back when I tried to lift up a table. Guess it was far heavier than I thought. The day after that I couldn't get out of bed because of the stabbing pain in my back. Over the next year, I would call in sick alot because I couldn't move. I started to learn that I couldn't do a lot of things anymore. Just beinding a little for more then 2 mins and my lower back would start to go.

I offered him my broom on his way out. Guess he didn't want it. By this time it was 8:50 pm or so. My shocks and shoes were still wet. I'll just dry them 30 mins before it was time for me to leave I said to myself. I ended up not giving myself that much time. I used those hot air things in the bathroom to dry my socks a bit before putting them back on. I need new socks I thought as I looked at the hole in the heel of my sock. If any of you come across a cheep pair of size 13-15 tub socks send them my way please... I can't seem to find a pair unles they are having a sale on guy socks. The only time they will be under $45 for 3 or so pair, and even then, most of them are just below my size.

Oh, Collin gave me a ride home. Not bad. I should have asked for him to give me a ride home earlyer. Oh well.

Now at home, I got to see Farscape. yes. Then Inyasha, and wolf's rain. Then I fooled around with the computer then went to bed around 4am again. I have to stop doing that.

And that's it. See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment