October 26, 2004

Blanket Hunting.

Ok, work up at 9:30 or so this morning.

Came outside, and my sister told me something about going out. Walked back into my room, got dressed, walked out and was told that my hair needed combing. Well I knew that. I washed it yesterday. It needed greasing and combing out. I came out looking for the afro pick.

Getting dress took me like 2 mins, combing my hair took 20, and that is without really making a style. Today I just did an afro.

Then we left sometime around 10:30.

Things to do in town.
1. My sister had to change the pounds that we got from our uncle to EC so we could use it.
2. Find a new blanket for Nika.
3. *maybe* get some fabric.

Took a bus down, went to the first baby store, and found one blanket, but we didn't think that Nika would have liked it. I was had light brown squares in it. Brown isn't one of the colours that Nika likes. She likes yellow, green, and blue. It was nice and soft, and if we couldn't find one we liked better somewhere else, we would come back for it.

We then checked two banks to see how long the lines were to see if Jhoide (my sister) could get the money changed. The ones that we looked in were full so we went somewhere else to look for the blanket.

We stopped off at this place called "best for less" and I told her that they didn't have any blankets. She didn't believe me. So we spent about 7 mins looking though the store. It's a small store. We then went back the way we came to go to the fabric stores. We went to the first one on Liverpool Row, we looked at what they had, and my sister actually asked if they had fleece fabric. They didn't even know what that was, but we did see some that we wanted to make some skirts out of.

So on to the next fabric store. Nope, next baby store, the fabric store was closed. At the baby store we found a blanket for Nika. It cost me $36. I then ended up throwing on a new pair of socks for Nika in there too. That was another $7 for the pair. Then we went my sister's bank to get the money changed. That bank had a short line so we went in, then come out 30 mins later. Since it was getting late and Jhodie wanted to get some food from the new snacket that we found. She wanted to get there in time before they sold out what she wanted. On our way back we stopped off at the super market, don't know why, but she saw that they had yogurt on sale. 99 cents each of three flavors that close to expiring. We took them thinking that we were going to eat them after our lunch. We did see the oddest thing while we were in the super market. They covered all the alcohol. We found out later that it was to kinda make sure that the voters were sober. Today was voting day.

We caught a bus and got there just before 1pm and the place was full. I was starting to think that we weren't going to get a chicken plate now. So Jhoide sat and waited her turn to order. We waited and waited, then we got the last two plates, :) and we even got some passion fruit drink too. We thought that they had ran out of that too, but she had another bottle.

We got home, eat lunch, I checked e-mail, then we took a nap. I then woke back up 30 mins later to get Jhodie up so she could go pick up Nika from school. A few hours later I was laying out some 4x4 lengths of wood for Nika to practice balancing on. Then I washed out a very dirty trash can and scrubbed it down with disinfectant. Then when I was clean again, I kinda helped with dinner. Afterwards she wish hadn't asked. *oops* At least what I made was eventually edible.

Other than that, nothing much. Watched jeopardy, that guy is still there. Watched re-runs of Star Gate : SG1, then CSI : Mimi, then How Clean Is Your House. Then I went to see if G4 was going to show R.O.D. the TV. They did! :) .. But it wasn't a new one. :( Ok.. time to check my mail again. Someone actually wrote me, an online friend actually wrote me. I told me him about this blog thing in case he didn't my e-mail that I sent out a few weeks ago telling my friends about it.

He wanted to talk with me. He asked why I haven't been on line for so long. Well just about no one is on line for me to talk to if I do find the time to go on line, so I don't really turn it on anymore.

I still have that cough. I'm getting really tired of it now. It should be gone by now. I'm going to have to wait until Thursday to get meds if I still have it then. I can't get any tomorrow, it's a holiday, and I go to work early on Wednesday, so it's Thursday.

So that's it. I'll drink some water to keep my throat from hurting, then hopefully get to bed before 3am. I have to get up for a long walk tomorrow. We are taking Nika, she might get to go in the water at the beach we are passing . Her school is closed for the holiday too.

See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment