October 08, 2004

Smoth... just a little long

Hello again.

Let's see, I did something good yesterday. Work wise that is.

You see, there was this computer that just desided to kill it's video card. I spent a few days trying to get that fixed but it just wouldn't let me. I even swapped out the cards. It wouldn't have any of that.

So I told the other people in my department that it was down. I has been over a month. No one else has touched it. So, the other day I asked my boss about it, and he said that I could have such and such a computer to replace it with. Thank you.

Picked it up, and one of the guys I worked with said that he wanted to look it over because it use to belong to our network adminastrator. So I left it alone for a day. The next day, picked it up, and proceaded to fix the month old problem. I started at 3pm. At 9pm I was finished. I managed to find and install the scsi drivers and drives for the very old 2x2 scanner. I uninstalled all the programs that the former owner had on here, and got it down to a standared system as much as I could. I did move some of the stuff that I didn't think I should get rid of to the next hard drive. I'm going to look though some of the install files that he copyed from the server to get rid of the ones that are outdated, or we still have. What's let will just go back to the server.

Well, after I was finished, the same guy who said he wanted a look at it, said he still wanted to look at it, but I told him that it may be too late now. I cleaned it pretty good. Now that I think of it, I don't think that he will get near this computer. He's too busy with other things.

Now, I'm replaceing MS Office. It had 2003 installed and it was buggy, so I uninstalled it and gave it office 2000. Only two people on campus are using 2003. Eveyone else knows (more or less) and uses 2000. It just finished installing. I have to restart the computer, do the office updates, then leave instructions on the computer on how to use the 2x2 scanner. :)

I'm also looking over a teacher's shoulders. I'm helping him capture some pictures using a microscope.

Aah. He's done. Just came back. I went to help him shrink them, save them to zip disk and make a folder. Yes, he doesn't know how to make a folder. That answered one of my questions about his server folder.

Ok, have to restart. I'll let you know how my day ended later.

No comments:

Post a Comment