October 29, 2004

I'm Not Happy!

In one afternoon I've lost my torrent downloading ability, which also rendered my "hello" program worthless, and just when I realized that I can't use it at home due to the very bad connection that they sell me under the name of "Cable".

The thing crawls like I'm working off of dial up. Which is why I did my torrent downloading at school.

The guy who was in charge of setting up our wireless network, is now in control of the rest of the network, and has closed all un-needed ports on the network for safety reasons.

Close one set of ports and he shut down my torrent manager. Shut down another set, and there went my "hello" program. The only thing is I can't ask to have those ports reopened, because they aren't work related things. So now I'm left with about 5 or 8 gigs worth of incomplete anime. What a waste. I'll have to go erease them tomorrow. I just couldn't do it today.

Bumped into my boss from NJ and someone that he brought with him. The only good thing that I heard, or remember hearing (in their defense), was that I had a very bright smile.

I tried to show off my web work to them, while they waited for Ron, and all I get is that "I have a great smile". I'm hoping that's because they don't know much about websites, or they were more interested in content, then layout and design. I am layout and design. Oh well.

Then Ron came back to go with them, and he told me not to get into trouble. I'm not asking him back for my music until next week.

Today I just worked on the LRC's/IT department part of the webpage. No one noticed me much today, which is normally fine by me, but not while I'm trying to get their attention. :(

Well one more day looking pretty for higher up people then I wear something a bit more soft on the weekend.

I haven't jumped yesterday's blog, it's saved as a draft. I'll finish it up and post it tomorrow. I'm off to bed now.

$100 and I can't go faster than "221.3 kilobits per second". That is a bit better than what I use to get, but it's like half the speed a cable modem is suppose to give you.

Check out this site to see how fast your connection is. It's the one I use the most.

Well, it's starting to rain, hope it's around after my spell check is up to help put me to sleep.

See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment