October 05, 2004

I hope you know this.

Before I run into a newbe who has to back up their things and do it this way, I'm warning you now.

You do not copy the shortcut of the program you use to make some to save the stuff you made.
ie... you do not save the picture of the program you scan with, with the arrow in the corner to save the pictures you scanned. Ok?

I bring this up because this is what I ran into today. I normally go by this lady's house to help her do computer things and maybe teach her something. I think I mentioned it in my entry.

Well I went by and she was showing me what she backed up on cd. Most of it was just short cuts to programs. She's felt bad about loosing her stuff. It took her a while to scan them. She wanted to make a slide show of her life and her husband's life before and after they meet. A real sentimental piece.

She backed up her stuff because she was suppose to have her system re-installed because it came with a used version of xp installed so it couldn't get service packs. She got it back the other day and I went by to help put things back on it, to find out that wasn't completely fixed, and some parts were software jerry riged and it has lost some memory. It started out as a 128, but when I looked at it today it was 96. I don't know what this guy is going, but she is saying that she wants her money back and is going to get a computer from somewhere else.

Ok..I'm done my small rant. Oh... if you are looking for a new computer, and you have $800 to spear... check this out. I would buy it myself it wasn't going to mean me spending 2 grand of my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment