October 09, 2004

.. it ended with a crash.

Over all my day was fine.

Bought lunch at school, spent $12 on a borito and some rice.

Came down stairs, saw that they had set up a flat panel for testing reasons. I gave it a shot. I was more worried about how the pictures looked. I had heard that the colours weren't that sharp on LCD's. Granted that was old news for me, but I had yet to use a LCD other than on a laptop.

Well, the colour was fine. Far better than I expected. It was the text that I wasn't happy with. Some students may have issues with it, but at least we weren't replacing all the monitors with LCD's. They are just for the new 24 that were going to put in over break.

I finished up the office switch, and all the updates for it. I even got to skin my profile with style xp. I use to use something called windowblindes. I haven't checked in a while, but style xp is really good too.

Anyway, two hours before it was time for me to go home I started sneezing. Great. :( My noise started to run, the back of my throat started to get itchy. Oh, and don't forget my ear infection, that's back too.

At 10pm I couldn't take it anymore, the pain was making that side of my head plus with pain. I tried laying down, that just made it worst, so after a while to hoping it would stop on it own, I took four(4) aspirin & codeine phosphate pills. I thought it wore off an hour ago. Pain killers don't work that well for me, so I actually believe that it wore off when I felt pain in a hour, but it's gone again. Guess it was a flare up that I was feeling.

Anyway, I'm heading to see a doctor tomorrow to get some meds for the infection before I get strep throat again. That happened to me that last time I left it alone hoping it would go away.
5 years in NY and my ear didn't bug me once. Granted I've been back a bit longer than 5 years, but it was around the 4 year mark that my ears started to act up. Oh, and Nika, my sister's child is having one of her things again.

Earlier this year it had gotten really bad and she was in the hospital for a week. I was in the hospital for a week too. My sister stayed all night with her, and I would show up in the morning so she could go home and take a nap, get something to eat and take a bath. Then she would come back in time for me to go to work. I hated having Nika in there. Oh, both of them live with me.
Anyway, they said that she had "Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis". We looked it up and ofcourse we didn't like hearing that, but with the chances of her growing out of it being really good and that it may not get that bad again for her to go to the hospital made us not feel totally bad.

It started to act up today. The doctor said that it can be triggered with a cold. She had that last week. We hope it won't last long or get too bad, but she has already started to cry about her ear. Last time, this lasted for 4 or so weeks off and on.

Anyway, I'm having my sister take her to her doctor before it gets to far along, and I'm off to see a doctor before I can't talk, but I'm sure she is going to tell me that I have to see an ear, eye and noes doctor for more help. The only good thing is that now that I've fixed the computer for the scanner, I'll be getting the rest of my pay for the job, and I can afford to go see one. Once I've found one that is. I was hoping to use that money to get and extra tank of gas. I might still be able to pull it off. I'll see.

As for something on the happy side of life, Star Trek: Enterprise premiered tonight. I had actually forgotten how the season ended. They are going to be spend some time fixing the problem that they currently have on their hands. This may be 7 episodes long. At midnight I watch a new anime that G4TehTV has. It just started this week, but I missed the first two shows. It's called "Read or Die The TV" Shortened to ROD The TV. It's a nice show. It's only 26 episodes long. But not everything can be as long as Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball, or the Gundum set.

My sister cooked. I was stewed turkey with carrots and some pasta. She wanted me to add some cream corn to it, but I'm saving it for something else.

HaCHOO! Now I'm back to sneezing. I'm going to spell check this thing in word then I'm off to bed. Currently it's 1:30am, and I have to get up for the doctor tomorrow.

See ya tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment