October 15, 2004

He Actualy Came!

I'm not suppose to be so happy that he came but I am.

I got dressed to meet the returning students. I even came in a little late because I stopped to iron my best shirt which won't be so great after a few more incidents.

Anyway, I put on my current best shirt and skirt and went to school to meet who came back. I ofcourse expected to see only people I knew, but there were a lot of them that came from well before I started working there and I wasn't even out at the front that much. I was there to say "Hi guys." and wave from behind the desk like a happy secretary. Two of them came over and shook my hand. It's a big desk. One was guy that has already been down here for the year, but came back for this anyway. I'm starting to think that he's not in love with his job in upper NY. The other girl didn't tell me anything. They were on the tour, so she just say hi and ask me how I was doing, and I told her I liked her new glasses.

Then I more or less banished myself to the back room to scan the slides for Dr. T. It was different from scanning the slides that I did for Dr. G the day before. For one thing, the slides from Dr. G weren't 30 + years old.

Well, E did a nice thing today. She came and got me when see saw some of friends from past classes using the computers on the floor. It were the twins. :) The gorgeous Puerto Rico twins. When they first came to Ross they had the Admin girls in a fit. They were the hottest things on campus until they left about a year and a half ago.

Then when I had to come back out to cover the desk because E had to go to town, I saw him. I don’t' know what to say about him. For one he actually came. I had a feeling that he might come, but ofcourse he didn't let know this. When it was all said and done, by the time he walked out the door, he had my phone number and knew that I still lived in the same place. I'm expecting a call from him on Monday. I also told him of my days off.

Ok...back to the rest of my day. I had a small battle with getting a copy of the staff newsletter from G. We got it to something that looked pretty good on screen. Then she said that when it printed it didn't look that great. Print?? We didn't make it good for printing. I had to tell her a few times that it never crossed our minds to print it. Just to make it readable on screen. She said that everyone printed it. Then I told her that no one in our department ever printed it. So I had to talk to my senior person who was helping with this. We managed some kind of work around and it was set out just before 4pm. I think.

Had a small tissle with someone from the housing department. She was so confused that it took a while to untangle her. Then I had to scan 9 document to see if she changed anything. So I to go back and forth between the copy that I sent her and the copy that she sent back to me. E came back like an hour before, now it was time for her to leave. I finished up what I was doing then I went back to finishing up the slides for Dr. T. Lucky me I had only 7 slides left. Finished up the slides, sorted though the slides and found the last set that I had to do. Those I'm leaving for Saturday.

I'm starving. I got two dollars and walked across the campus to by some peanuts. You know those kind that you buy in the store that say 2 for $1. That is what I was getting for $2. While I was over there I decided to turn off the equipment. I got my peanuts, and turned off the things in the building, top and bottom. Then on my way back to my department, I turned off stuff in three other classrooms.

Then I was back in front of a computer. Ok, I have like 3 hours before I have to go home, I checked my torrents on two computers and then just looked at the screen. Ok, I said that I would write my blog now, so I should get to it.

Six lines in and what happened? I looked up to see the lights go out. Great!

Like normal, everyone fled the LRC like it was sinking ship, but I only had like 3 people there today. For one it was Friday, two, some of the students were at a party over at turtle beach with the returning students along with some staff, and three, most of the early exams were over with so they were resting a bit from studying, even it was for three days. The library was already closed. They closed at 4. We were opened until 7pm.

Well I called up blade to tell him that there were students here using the 24 hour reading room, then I called my boss to ask him if we should stay considering the generator didn't power our computers on the floor. He said ya, go home after we turn off all the APC's. Fine. Turn off 60+ APC's then go home. I'm out of here. I almost thought that I would be able to crash the Turtle beach party, but just the other day they were making fuss about RVSPing for the thing.
Ok, I've caught up for the day. I can't do this two more time. I barely remember yesterday sad to say. But lucky for you I saved a draft of the day before. So you see that.

Sorry about the holes, but they can't be helped. Tomorrow I'll be back on track.

See ya.


No comments:

Post a Comment