October 24, 2004

I Worked, I Froze, The I Went Home.

Got to work a little late, like always. My sister didn't wake me up. Anyway, got to work, the place was so cold. It's been raining all day. By the time I left the house it had stopped for a bit. I took my umbrella with me just incase it decided to come down when I'm trying to catch a bus.

Got to work, no mail. Normal. Finished up scanning the documents for Dr. M. It took me longer than expected, but then I did cut in and out writing my blog for yesterday.

When I was done with that, I moved up front to get on with the task of finishing the archive page for the SGA. I wasn't going to go back to my desk. It was beyond cold. The lousy AC is all messed up again, and the rain didn't help. When ever it could rain, or was going, the temp drops like 8-12 degrees. When it actually rains that's another 3 maybe 5 degrees.

Before I was finished with the scanning I had to call someone in to restart the server, since no one decided to give me the keys to that room. Anyway, the guy that came, didn't let me know that he came, or I would have asked him to turn down the AC from in there too. They moved the control for the AC for that half of the room into the administer office to keep people from changing the temp. If the AC was a true AC in the first place, we wouldn't have to keep messing with it.

It occurred to me today that what I think an AC should do, most likely they don't do. Unless they cost like 10 grand or something. I think that you should set a temp on the AC, and it has temperature detectors in the room, and it would adjust itself to keep the temp it was told. As far as I can tell it just pulls air in, makes it colder and pushes it into the room on timed intervals. The temp we tell it, just changes how long the intervals are.

Well, somewhere around 6pm I turned the other AC control down to help fight the air from the second AC. I then worked on the site until 7. I then went to make some soup to eat. Didn't actually get to eat it until 7:30-ish. After that little meal that I ate standing up in the doorway of our little kitchenette thing, I came back to playing a game that I was occupying myself with while the microwave was doing it's job, and the soup was cooling a bit.

The game is called Jewel Quest. It's a nice game. It just gets really hard the further you get. At about 8 I went back to site work. I thought that I might as well get as much of it finished as I could. I had so much sorting to do before I could have linked them to the page, then resort again after bumping into a problem with how I though they were suppose to go. Made links for 30 documents and toyed with the idea of making them flash and opening them up in the same page, but that will have to wait. First I just want to finish linking the pdf's that I have and making the window open at a set size.

For the last hour of my shift I was the only one in there. So I worked and I sang out loud. Not a bad way to end a day. I was just hoping that I wouldn't be stepping out into a major down pour. For an hour we had been hearing loud thunder noises right over the building. But when it came time to leave there wasn't a drop falling. Lucky me.

Once again I come home to no food. My said that it's Saturday. She doesn't cook on Saturday. Fine, munched on some bread, cheese, fig Newton and some left over rice and carrots. My throat is still sore. It's been sore since Wednesday, but it's feels a bit worst today. Every time I take a cough drop it helps for the time I have it, then it just comes back dry and scratchy. If I leave early enough tomorrow, I may be able to get some oj from one of the few stores opened on Sunday.

Midnight came around and I changed the channel to go watch Inyuasha. That's not Inyuasha. R.O.D. (Read or Die) the movie. I completely forgot. It's tonight! *grin* It's the anime movie that came out before the series did, R.O.D the TV. Cool.

It's two hours long, with tv adds anyway. Well now it's over and I'm off to bed.

Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment