October 25, 2004

I Lost My Music Again!

Today was suppose to be a slow day for me, and up until 5pm it was.

But before that let's start back at 1:30pm. I actually left the house to get to work somewhat on time. First I wanted to buy some OJ. I ended up having to walk like half a mile to find somewhere to by some OJ. When I got there it cost me 11.50 and it had mango in it.

I didn't have to catch a bus, someone who worked with me and were on their way into work gave me a lift. I got to work, and got right to finishing up that sga page. When it was done I asked my boss if I should send it to sga for them to look it over or just post it? He said that it looked great and I should send it to the sga so they can have a look at it. I also sent Brian a copy since he is the only one that I knew that read the sga meeting notes.

Now I know why I saw my boss come out of this office then go back in. He found my music on the server, and erased it. I had just gotten it back about a month or 2 ago. He has said that we weren't suppose to keep such things on the server, but since I never had anything on the server until they wiped the computer I was keeping my stuff on clean, I never really paid them any mind. So he took my music off the server. For about 3 years I've had my stuff on one computer on the floor. All my music, all my files, back ups of my three profiles, and it got wiped 3 months ago.

So when I started to rebuild it, I placed them on the server with out remembering that rule, and the rule hit me. :(

I think he said that he saved them to his computer, but I'm not completely sure. I said that I had them on the floor until the computer was ghosted. He was so upset. The only reason he cares that there was music on the server was because it's backed up each night, and I was taking up 5 1/2 gigs of space with my music.

He only found out about my music being there because he finally got the pictures to me that I've been waiting over a week for. He went to place them in my folder on the server and saw my music foolder and looked.

Thanks to his removal of the music, my computer crashed. I was playing the whole directory, and hand other things going on.

Well after he left, I then moved my torrent files. He was complaining about my 5+ gigs of songs, it's a good thing he didn't see my 19 gigs worth of anime. I tried to fit them back unto the computer I was using before, but I never got as high as 19 gigs before, I almost filled the computer, so I had to split the anime up. Lucky me I still had some songs on other computers that I hadn't gotten around to cleaning out yet, but was thinking about doing this week. Good thing I hadn't started yet. I can't go a day without music unless I'm running around. So I pooled that music to another computer and made short cuts. I even moved my other files back to the computer that I was using before. I then made shortcuts back to my server folder so I don't have to make new shares. He just got back over 20 gigs of space, counting the loss of my muisc.

All that moving around took like 3 hours. Now I can't re-seed some of torrents , now that they are on a normal computer again. At least not during working hours. I'll have to set it up for when I close and have it shut down before the work day begins the next day.

Then I went on my pixel wallpaper hunt again. I covered a bit more ground this time around, but I still haven't found the guy yet.

We had thunder and lighting with alot of rain. I got to stand outside with my umbrella again, but I didn't have to pay for a bus this time. The ride for the new girl in the library gave me a lift home.

Got home to a rather clean kitchen and cook-up with a side of pumpkin. I decided to have some of my juice with it, even though I've been drinking that thing since 2:30 this afternoon.

Oh, tried out my scrub this morning... oohh smooth skin. :)

Now I'm off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment