October 26, 2004

Saturday.

Well it felt like Saturday.

All that activity was tiring and confused the day. Every now and again we had to remind ourselves that it was Tuesday.

For starters, I think we cleaned. Secondly, we took Nika out on her bike to get her peddling better. We were only suppose to go around the block. We went down the block, then took a left, and went past the block's end, walked into an empty and over grown lot to see some watermelon. They weren't as big as I expected. My sister, who took me there, said that she thought that they would be bigger after all the rain we had gotten. Then we took another left and in two blocks ended up at Nika's school.

This is where Jhodie decided to pick some young gooseberry plants to take home. Then I carried Nika's bike as we crossed two streets to go into the graveyard. This wasn't for Nika to practice riding her bike. We were in here to pick some plants for our yard or get some more seeds for some yelllow flowers. I liked some crawling purple flowers, but we didn't pick any. On our way out of the cemetery, Nika held my skirt as we walked along a very low wall. We took our time on this little walk, by the time we got back we were gone for an hour.

Then we all went down for a nap. We woke up sometime around 4pm I think. We were going back out again, one without her bike, and not as far as the deep water pier as we had said yesterday. So we decided to go down to the bay by this inlet next to Fisherman's Wharf. You can't go there all the time, but today the water was very clear and not rough at all.

I tried to stay out of the water as much as I could, but soon Nika came over to throw water on me. I did not come dressed for the beach. I have nothing to wear to the beach. So in my jeans I sat down in the surf and held on to Nika every now and again when she wasn't dumping wet sand unto Jhoide. There was a cruise ship in and we watched it leave before we started getting ready to leave. We were there until the sun was almost set, then we started to wash off. Both of us were wearing jeans. So we had to dump buckets of water down our pants to get most of the sand out. Then we hiked back up to the main road, then walked across the street to a water pipe to wash off the sand from our feet and sandals.

Then in the dark we slowly walked back home. I fell asleep waiting for my turn to use the shower.

That was my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment