October 10, 2004

Small Surprises

Let's see.

I got to work on time because a new member of the Library was driving past and actually saw me to give me a lift.

My hard drive is repaired, so I'm coping over some stuff to take home.

When I was in the back typing up the how-to for scanning 2x2 slides a newly appointed "Manager of Technical Services" stopped by and asked how I was and when was the last time I had a real check up. Sorry to say but I haven't had one since I was 20. Just before I left NY.

He said how we were going to do something about that, he then let me know of the pending work that I had to look forward to concerning the website for the school.

Sometimes I think that I'm just dense. I never seem to get these visions that they have for the LRC or the website, but he'll make me see since I have to make it. We will be moving to flash soon. I know... just about everyone else has flash and have been using it for ages. Well, I'm sorry that we are so behind.

We are just starting to really grow here. The school is about 21 years old, we are new compared to most other colleges. Not that there aren’t others that are younger than us, but at this point, we are like the kid from college, getting use to being in the real world now.

Well, I finished up the how-to. It's not bad. I have a few pictures in there. You know, just to make it easy. :) I did a few changes to the department's web page. I'm suppose to be redesign it, but I don't have that much information yet. I have a very bare structure that is begging for information and a style sheet.

Speaking of style sheets, when I had to take over for the real webmaster in NJ, I had to learn a few things fast, and one of the things that I thought she would know was done wrong. Which just made me wonder and left me with a mess that I bend to what I wanted at the time. But I can't wipe it and start over. I don't have that kinda time, since I don't know what all the parameters are.

Well it's 6:15pm now. I've had a slice of pizza from my friend AM. She brought it by for me yesterday, but as you know, I was home sleeping off something. I remembered that I hadn't named the new computer that I set up for the scanner so I did that as well as ran spybot. We have a nice naming system here at school, so we can find computers easy in our VSS network when we try to do things over the network to it. Spybot I had to reinstall. After version 1.3 your 1.2 version won't update anymore. It doesn't even tell you, it just says that there are no new updates for you. So if you have the old version, you have to get the new one, and if you don't know which version you have, get the new one anyway.

Well that found some things and cleaned them out. I'm tempted to installed spywearblaster but a lot of people won't use that computer to surf.

I'm here till 10pm and now I'm trying to think of stuff to do. I started the list for our faculty database that we are making for the website, it's almost half way done. Oh.. I remembered something to do... that took some thinking. I'm going to go update the exam page for the students.

When we opened up our new extended building, teachers started to use us as a testing center. So now we write up a time sheet for when we are having an exam so they (the students) would walk into the door because it's locked. But it still happens anyway. *shaking head* In about a year or so, it will mostly be a testing center.

I'm going to update that page, then find something else to do. I may even go looking for new wallpaper. :) Or atlest get back the ones that I lost.

Sniffling but ok. :) See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment