December 10, 2004

First Off...

My friend got engaged and didn't tell me.

I had to read her newspaper a week after the event to find out. Which was last night. I came home to check her blog and there it was. She got engaged at her class' going away party. I have got to get you the link to her blog so you can see and read for yourself. LINK

Also last night I did just get beef patties for dinner. No big deal, I wasn't that hungry anyway.

Ok, as for today, I had spicy food that was less than a mouthful, and I didn't eat the Butterfinger apple pie. ??? Who came up with that?? First they try to kill me with pepper than I was assaulted by sweets!

Maybe it was punishment for getting to work 20 mins late. It wasn't really my fault. I left the same time I always do, there just weren't any buses going in my direction for like 10 mins.


Well I found Dr. Shocky there eating Lentils. When he was finished I followed him back up the new offices. There I helped with his pictures. I shrunk them down, then went though each one getting rid of the bad ones, and lighting the others that need it. Then I made a slideshow and send and e-mail out to the people he wanted to send it to, telling them that they can find the slide show in the shared folder.

Then I came back down. When I came back to be desk I found the sweet stuff. E had gotten them for me. At this point I was happy she didn't find any "food" to bring back for me. I was about to dig in when Collin came an got me. He was telling to stay and enjoy, I told him I didn't need to stay. Went over and showed him that I had already converted the PDF over to html for the incoming students. I told him that, that is what I told him yesterday. He was pleased, but we still had the issue of getting a real picture for the cover page of that section. I have a drawn image that they don't like. They want a more respectable, professional looking one. So we were suppose to get a picture of the real housing/welcome committee lady at her desk, but yesterday she was out sick, or was sick and not looking that great, then the next day we didn't have a camera. So I'll see when I get in on Wednesday.

I didn't have much to do, but I did decide to get some things done. One was getting some tapes that a girl brought by of some surgeries to get digitized and burned to disk. She gave me the disks and everything yesterday. I was in the middle of doing that when a girl who works at Ross, I'm not sure where, but she asked me about some work out tapes. I had the blankest look on my face. It seemed that she had given Ron some tapes to give me to make into DVD's for her. I told her we can't make DVD's here.

So now she was abit put back. Between what she wanted, what she said to Ron, what Ron thought she said, what we knew what we could do, and the fact that he has been really busy with the demo over in the auditorium, it was all mixed up and forgotten. So between telling her that all I can do is make data disks with a movie file on it, and that all DVD's can't play that, and she not knowing what her DVD can play. I gave her a disk that I quickly burned one of my AMV's (anime Music videos) onto a used disk for her to test out at her house.

The rest of the night I was left looking for things to put into the media center. I found a really good glass top desk with a tray for the keyboard and mouse to slide in and out, and it holds the computer off the floor. It's a good price at $139. I picked a DVD burner so that we can make DVD data disks for when I have to make a copy of the whole 7-semester student notes folders. Last time I did it, it took like 2 or 3 days and 18 disks. I looked at some chairs too, but I can't make up my mind. I have four options to pick from.

Oh, I also had to change the movie page telling students that all the movies had been moved to the walrus domain, and I fixed a link I made yesterday. I forgot to have it open up in it's own window. So I fixed that as soon as I saw a student fighting with it, then giving up and logged out then back in again.

Around 7 AM showed up and brought music with her along with some CD's she needed to make a copy of. She's smart, but like most students don't have a clue when it came to some computer things. But I got to let her hear a song that I've been trying to get her to hear for two days. She liked it. But I had to get up and leave before it finished. She couldn't believe that she was hearing this song. It was all embarrassing for her. I'll leave it at that.

I found a copy of "the fiddler on the roof" and ripped it to my hard drive, but for some reason that God and Microsoft know about, they couldn't match it in their data base before it was ripped, so everything came up as unknown. If it wasn't for the fact that I picked then to get the nice little cover of the CD to be used in the thumbnail of the folder I would have used the other ripper that I have. Next time I'll check first before telling it to rip.

I sent out messages to the floor that night before closing. One about 7:15 or so saying that the LRC closed at 8 tonight, and one at 10 till saying that the LRC was closing. I didn't post anything saying that they LRC had extended hours. Every semester I post and every semester they ask or don't see, or don't read, or don't know, or didn't hear, or didn't read their e-mail. So I didn't do anything. If they asked, I told them. That was it.

Just as I was turning off the lights to leave Rick showed up. He told me not to lock him in, he didn't have his keys. So I thought I was getting a ride home. I told AM good night and I waited for Rick to leave after I closed up and everything. Walked all the way to the guard house and looked into his car. It looked like a garage threw up in there. Then I realized that he wasn't going him, when he told me he wasn't leaving now. He was fixing something for the guards. Don't know how he got to school if that was the state his car is in. But oddly enough it wasn't there when I came in to work today. Whatever. I had a bus to catch.

Caught one and got home ok. No real odd adventures there. Came home to meat and potatoes. Well stewed turkey and mash potatoes anyway. :) It was good. Star Trek was a re-run. They were doing the three parter with the guy who played 'Data' in generations. I did get to see two other shows. One I keep missing. The medical investigations one on CBS I think, and a new show that my sister tried to tell me about. It's call "love is in the heir". I can't really believe that this girl is out there doing this, considering her title. But I am going to show up to see how far she falls. Everyone around her is trying to help her, and she just wants to dig herself into a biggest hole of her life. If I was her mother I would have dragged her back home over a year ago. Heck I wouldn't have given her more than a one time payment of 5 grand. I think that was their first mistake.

Well that's it. Oh.. not quite, almost forgot. That girl came looking for surgery tapes and cds tonight. I had forgotten that I told her to come back on Friday to get them. I had only finished one and had it burned onto disk, so she took that one and waited a while for the other one, but it was rendering out when she came, and it wasn't finished until after closing. I'm going to have to finish that when I get in tomorrow.

See ya. Good night Geff, if you're reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment