December 25, 2004

Sleeping, Christmas Things, Shopping, Christmas Things, Cooking, Christmas Things.

That is what has been going on for two, maybe three days now.

I'm pretty sure that today was Friday.

Yesterday we went shopping bought a few more things, in 3 or so places. Came home, and I was told, on very short notice I might add, that I was also to do dinner. I boiled pasta, and dumped a can or cream of something on it, and heated up the saltfish from the day before to go with it.

Last night Jhoide sent me to bed early, not that I wasn't already falling asleep. Around 1am I think. She stayed up and made bread pudding. She was also suppose to finish make the curtains for this part of the house. We had bought the fabric that morning, well more of it anyway. The first set she hasn't used yet. We have to get the second half first.

Well today wad cooking day if not prep day. I cooked dinner again. Didn't like it, but tied to make interesting. I tried to make coconut ginger rice with baked crispy chicken and a few breadfruit baked chips. Do I have to say it didn't turn out that way.

First the rice didn't taste like anything but white rice. No hit of coconut or ginger. The chicken I didn't bake because my sister told me to hurry, so I boiled it in red gravy instead. That came out fine. Just the way my mother use to make it. The breadfruit hasn't even been cooked any way yet. It's still soaking in the slightly salted water. I'm would like to still do the chip thing to it, but I have to be in bed soon. It's going for 2am now.

Earlier today, Collin came by and handed me my Christmas bonus check. I expected it to be deposited into my bank account. Nice little surprise. Then I made two batches of Biscotties. Jhodie made some cheesy pretzels. They were in the oven a bit too long, she'll try another batch tomorrow maybe.

That was my last two days mostly.

Oh, I sent out my Christmas e-cards like 50 mins ago. I might have been able to have sent them out before 1am if I hadn't tried to attach a very bad pic of me to the card, but I didn't understand what "members only" meant. They didn’t say to yahoo or American greetings. I thought they ment yahoo. So I had to re-write my little message again and the address insert thing didn't really work.

Anyway, since it's already Christmas for some of you.... Merry Christmas.

Jhoy E. Meade
St. Kitts

PS... I got back to work on Tuesday. :(
PSS .... my last blog was miss titled. All that happened on Monday, not Tuesday. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment