December 07, 2004

Worked, and Walked.

For starters I got called up the new teacher's offices to help one teacher and then got stuck there helping another one. I know I should have come by on my way down when I got to work.

The first teacher needed to have some software that he uses for exams to be reinstalled on his computer. It was two sets of software really. The first one I got done fine, it's the second one that we ran into problems with. They were on Floppies and for the first time found out that the new computers that the teachers were getting didn't have any floppy drives. *smiling*. So I had to take his set of 8 desks downstairs to burn to disk. That was all fine. But before I left I had to stop by another teacher. His problem was that he didn't have photo shop installed. So I installed a copy of paint shop pro that I had on the network. After I ask Ron on Wednesday, I'll see if I can go ahead and install photo shop on his computer for him.

I have him the new version, but it had download itself, which took far longer than I expected. Then I had to give him permissions on the computer to use it, then because I first installed it on my side, I had to uninstall it and re-install it on his side. This is why you get the paid for version.

Then as I'm walking out of his office to burn the cd for the other teacher, the teacher almost bumped into me. He left and went home. I was suppose to be downstairs waiting for him to call me to come back up with the cd. So I told him that I will be back up in like 15 mins with the cd. I took three times as long before I made it back up. I stopped to get something to eat before I went down, then when I got there, I got bites between swapping out floppies as I copied them. Then I ran it from the hard drive to see if it would work off of the floppy. It worked, then I burned it to cd. The cd burner didn't really want to work, but I got it to. Then when it was finished I wrote the name of the program on the disk and took it up.

When I got there we installed it and it worked and some how found the exams he made before. Then on my way out I stopped by Dr. M's office to see how he was getting on with paint shop pro before I went down stairs. So I showed him how to use the clone brush and told him that it was better to change the colour and brightness and such in irfanview. Then I came down here just to be seen mostly.

I was hoping to eat some of salad that I had left, but I ended up giving it to the new girl over in the library. She went over to the building that had the vending machine to get something but they closed the building and she said that she was hungry so I gave it to her. At that point I realized that I spent my whole $10 that I just got so that she could get something to eat.

At times I see how things happen for a reason. It's happened a few times in my life. How I was able to save up almost 2 grand for when I had to move out of the house to have it fixed/re-built. That was the big one.

Anyway, worked, more or less, until Midnight, then I hurried so I would be the girl holding the bus up when it came time to leave. Midnight shift is only covered by one person the LRC, and one other person in the Library. I'm usually the late one, well I was for the past 3 or so semesters. The library start closing for whatever time they close, but the LRC closes at whatever time we close. I'm starting to turn off or lock a few things that no one uses when it starts to get close to closing, but the lights go off at the hour we close.

When it came down to closing I had like 3 people here. I turned off the lights, and went to close two doors and turn off the lights in the bathroom and the hall going down there, and when I came back one girl was still here. Typing away on her IM. Walked around the floor, checked the break out rooms to make sure the tv's weren't left on, and the windows were closed, and I still had to stand by the door leading out to the 24 hour room waiting for her to finish up and log out.

Made it home without incident. Don't remember what I happened, now that it's 4 days later. Well I think I tried to blog, and thinking that something would happen I copied it and tried to save a draft to finish it later, and the server crashed on me. Then I just went to bed I think. Feeling slightly happy that I saved some of this.

Well that's it. That was my Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment