December 07, 2004

We Walked, and Walked.

Today we actually made it out for her fishing, and my long walk over to the pier. The pier we went two was almost if not 2 miles away. Granted, that shouldn't be anything for me to walk, and it wasn't 6 years ago. So I'm aiming for that first.

Well we left around noon. First we stopped off at the bay, around the Irish town area. I don't know why it's called that. And I sat for an hour, trying not to get burned why my sister fished. She caught two decent size fish, then nothing but small ones. Then we moved on and walked about 3 blocks before she had to try her luck again. So I sat on the sidewalk that gave way to the sand and waited for about 15 mins if not 10. She just caught more small ones. Then we moved on. We walked past the fishermen, the open market, the bus terminal, KFC, the sunken car from the flood, the post office, the one movie house on the island, past a lot of tourist from the two cruse ships that were in, past a car dealership, a small mall, a smaller warehouse, a diving school, a bike rental place, and a new outdoor bar and grill named the "set up". It looked very caribbeany. :) I know that's not a word.

Then we stopped right in front Shell. How do I explain this place? Well is owned by shell the gas company. And they have this pipe just at the edge of the shore that tankers connect up and fill these tanks that are across the street for the shell company. Well they made a little walkway out to this pipe, and my sister was going to go fish there. But just as we got there we saw guys coming across the street from shell to the steps. Then we heard this little boat coming towards us. My sister thought that we couldn't fish there now, since they were hooking up a gas line from the tanker to the containers. But they guys said that she could stay and fish if she wanted to. So we stayed for like 15 30 mins. We didn't catch anything we could keep. They are all small, and one was a puffer fish. She said that she hadn't seen one before. She didn't even want to touch it to take the hook out, because the skin was toxic. But she got it off and back into the water. Then we moved on.

About half a mile walk or so later, we go the factory pier. A bath and liking the sound of rain to put me bed and water to water plants and wash my clothes is just as far as my liking for water goes. In other words, I don't swim, I don't walk out unto piers that have no railing. I've on a boat once since I've been back here. There is an island out there called Nevis that I haven't been to in over 15 years. It's a 30 mins ride from here maybe. Like I said I haven't been there in a while. My sister ofcourse walks out to the very end where there is nothing keeping you from going over, and starts fishing. So I go as far as I could and tell her that I'm going up the hill to get a short nap. I was planning on using the bench that they had, but the guys that work there were sitting on it. So I washed off my feet, walked around to the other side, then after fighting it for bit, laid down on the concrete floor and actually fell asleep for about 15. I'm not sure what woke me, but I did and couldn't get back to sleep, and I felt rain. It's wired down here sometimes. They may call me names, or tell me I need to loose weight, but then on the same breath they are trying to find a way to sleep with me. One doesn't get them the other. Not that anything they said would. I felt like I could have been the only woman they've seen for a while for how they were looking at me. And it wasn't just the two that worked in that little building that I fell asleep outside of. There were like 4 other guys at least hanging around. Well I found out what time it was, and went to get Jhodie. If we were going to pick up Nika in good time, we had to leave in 10 mins.

So we got to walking it back and ofcourse she is faster than me, and had to stop at one point to let me catch up. Then I tried to walk a bit faster. But wasn't that easy since I didn't have pants on and wearing draggers. You don't speed walk in draggers. Anyway, after 45 mins and a protest to walking up this hill other than the other one, we made it to Nika's school about 4:30. I sat down and waited for Jhodie to come back with Nika and Vervey. We decided to pick him up also since he was still there. After a while I was starting to wonder what was keeping her. Then I just started to do this odd shaking thing. But it didn't last long. It was just the fast walk catching up with me.

The rest of the night was mostly uneventful. They played, the made noise, they had their baths, got dressed for bad, had some dinner then went to bed.

I'm sure I went to bed later than I should have. :) But I missed most of my shows. I got to see part of a few, but just last night I realized that I missed the amazing race. I want to see that blue hair guy lose. Then I may stick around to see who wins. I have such simple goals. :)

But I will have to try and remember so I can see it next week.

That's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment