December 18, 2004

What A Night. For Me Anyway.

First there was Nika and Verey running around and causing noise. Then there was my sister and Pearl, with my sister telling her she shouldn't be taking any diet pills. Just to have clothes look loose on her when she's already a thin person.

Jhoide made pizza tonight, after a long afternoon of snacking.

We were suppose to have gone out for a beach visit, but Jhodie said that it felt like rain, and right after she said it, it rained.

The interesting part came at 10pm when we finally left to go see, which turned out to be the only lights in town, the new lights that they put up down by the circus. As we walked up the street from our house, down walks our cousin with her two kids to spend the night. Without telling us she was coming to boot. Well we gave her the key to get into the house, and we started our walk plus one more. Her oldest came along. We took our time walking into town. Jhodie even stopped and got some ice cream for the kid and Nika.

When we were like 2 blocks from the center of town, it hit me that they took down the lights. When I was a kid, they had coloured lights that zigzag over the streets all the way into town, but they were missing. They had taken most of them down. Sad.

Well just before we to the corner where we were to suppose to turn down to go see the lights we saw something else. Someone had gone and gotten a projector, a screen and a video game console and were playing mortal combat, the newest one, on the side of the street. Jhodie may have wanted to stay and watch, but it was far too bloody for Nika to watch, so they went down to street to see the lights. I stayed with the kid and watched 3 rounds. It was bloody, but I really left because of how all the guys acted when someone picked a girl fighter. They were all rooting for her to die because she was a girl. At first I didn't believe it, then I remembered a few other things I've heard over the years, then said to myself that on some level I should have expected it. Well I took the kid and caught up with Jhodie and Nika who were looking at a very sad looking Santa. It was bad enough that they have a fake snowman on the grass, but a blow up Santa that didn't have legs?

Well we watched the whole thing for a while. Two of the rain deers that were made of lights moved their heads. The kid said that he wanted to go to the arcade. I asked him with what money. He said that he had $3. I told him to go right a head. We hung out there a bit more then went to see how far he had gotten.

We ended up waiting in there for him for like 4 or 5 mins. Then we left. When we walked out we found out that we had missed a big, but short, down pour. The streets were soaked; the drains were full of water.

Well we then caught a bus and came back home. To what turned out to be a noisy house. Nika ran around with the younger boy, Ruth was on the computer, I didn't think that I was going to get it back tonight. My sister was all odd. She still is. Too quite for my liking.

Now Nika is asleep, along with Ruth and her kids. Verey and his mother have been in their room since we got home.

Aahh... :( now my sister tells me that she wants to use the computer. So I won't be on here much longer. I'll let her make the new shortcuts. I was uninstalling and re-installing some apps and games onto a different hard drive for space reasons before we left the house.

Well see ya. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment