December 31, 2004

Yesterday Should Have Been Friday.

I had maybe two things going on in my day, besides realizing at 9am that it was Thursday.

From Wednesday afternoon around 3pm I had it my head that yesterday was Friday.

Then I called up FinAid department to ask what time would be good for me to come up and clean/defrag their computer, and she said that maybe tomorrow would be good, then I said I can't tomorrow it's Saturday. Then I was kindly told that tomorrow was Friday.

Then and there the colour of the day changed before my eyes.

Then I played the part of ID maker for most of the day, then at 2pm I went up FinAid to clean their computers. I fell asleep during the scandisk of one computer. I hate day shift. I really do.

I did get two computers finished by 4pm. I then went down and got my stuff to go home. I would come back today to do the last computer. Which I also took a nap during it's scanning. There is no real reason for us to do this anymore... or at least for the reasons the user of the computer thinks.

Years ago when I first got this job, we would go around to all the computers on campus and do external cleaning (wipe the monitor down, clean the keyboard, clean the mouse) and we would do computer software things. We checked the AV program to see if it was up to date, if it wasn't we updated it, then ran a virus scan on the computer. We then emptied the temp folders, run a scan disk and defragged the hard drive and checked Microsoft’s website for updates for the OS. At one point, were we popping off keys to clean under them. Cleaning one computer would take at least 2 hours. Then there was the updating of a few outdated stuff that might have been installed on the computers. That was when the computers were running Win95,Win98 and NT4.

But now the AV updates itself and scans the computers almost every day. Just about everyone has gotten a new computer this year, so very few need to be defragged yet. And on a whole the place is more sealed then it use to, so unless you live over your keyboard and mouse and has dropped all kinds of things in and around them, you can clean them easily along with wiping down the screens. Which some do.

Anyway, I brought the rest of my wallpapers home from school so I can post wallpapers to my club this weekend.

Today started odd for me. I was dreaming away and for some reason I woke up with a start as I tried to stop myself from vomiting. It was 3am when I then spent like 5 mins in the bathroom trying to get the acid out of my throat and was able to swallow again. I didn't even remember what caused it. But as I fell back to sleep I started to remember bits and pieces, but it didn't happen again.

My clock then woke me up a little after 7 am so I could undo my hair for work today. I couldn't wear it to work as it was. The twist thing didn't work for me, but I got some odd spiked hair waves coming from it when I undid the twists. So I decided to do that for today, and tomorrow I wash my hair.

Oh… before I go any further. We got Christmas gifts last night. A bit late I know, but they were delivered in person by someone known by the family. My father sent him with some stuff for us, on his trip down here. I was suppose to meet him because he said that we went to school together, but I don't remember most of the people I went to school with down here, so if anything, I missed to occasion to tell him that I didn't remember him, which is a good thing.

Well Nika got most of the stuff. Some more toy cooking stuff. A doll with a baby, a teaching toy computer, and an alphabet electronic thing. Jhoide and I got watches. Which is fine by us. We asked for them. I just don't know how to get it to tell me the right day. At least I have the time right, and I can easily not look at the part that tells you what day it is :) And I can choose from four colours to light up watch in the dark. :)

I got to work way late, which is wrong since I was ready to walk out of the house at 15 past today. Between the bathroom and the stops that the bus made, I walked into the LRC like half past, and Ron was back.

He was off island for a few day on work related things. At least he didn't say anything about the hair, and it looked like I was still here before the other guys. Ofcourse Collin was here on time to open up, but it didn't look like anyone else was there yet.

For the rest of the day I converted most of the .pdf files on the website to flash paper files and changed a link that was on the portal and tried to get the cds that I need for some burn jobs requested by two teachers. Collin is trying to get me the amount that I need so I can cross them off of my to do list.

I also continued to man the ID computer today, and like I said before I was able to make it up the FinAid department to get the other computer done. I also went up help a teacher with a picture problem he was having, but he wasn't there. I also checked back after I was done with FinAid, but he still wasn't there. Oh well, his lost. He'll find me on Monday I'm sure.

Oh, Monday is a holiday I hear, yet I'm working, so I have to get paid over time or something for that. We are having orientation on Monday also, so I'll be doing a lot of IDs. We have about 54 or so new students, and only 16 or so of them have come in for their IDs. So I'll be doing most of them on Monday. I'll be amazed if I do less then 30 on Monday.

Well, I came back down to the LRC, talked to AM for a while. She showed up with her Mom just before I left and went upstairs. I spent most of that last hour before closing talking to her. We did a little look up of stuff at tigerdirect for her, and found that her case that we had picked out was gone. :( She wasn't happy.

Looked around a bit more, I showed her the monitor that I was looking at the other day that you can be rotated to portrait viewing angle. If I got a flat panel I want it to do that.

BRB...I'm hearing fire works.:) Ok.. back. I was just gone for like 10 mins if that much. I forgot that the island of St.Kitts doesn't have fire works, but I was hoping this year. Nevis had theirs, and so did the Marriott hotel. I saw some of their fire works over the hills of Bird Rock. But not that much to say it was worth it. Maybe next year I remember and see if I can get a ride over there and back. A taxi is out of the question since they would charge me at the least $50 to go there and back and they would only be covering about 4 miles both ways or 10 mins each way.

Well I left work talking to AM and her mom, then I went up the steps to get a ride with Collin. Each break he gives me a ride home unless he has to do something else.

I got home, and Jhodie wasn't here. She had taken Nika out to see the kid's parade. I did see Verey. He was back, and Pearl as getting ready to leave with him. She was late. I had the house to myself for about an hour and half before Nika and Jhodie came home. I was then sent out to get stuff since Jhodie didn't feel like it, and had just gotten back with Nika. Fine, She wanted grapes and watermelon. So she sent me to the "Fruit Bowl" to get them. I got the watermelon, but not the grapes. At $16 or so for a pound I left it and hoped the other shop had it for better. The shop that I knew had a good price for their grapes was already closed. I also picked up some slices of papaya for myself at $2 and change. I then went to the other shop to see about their grapes and to get some bread. I got some bread, but it wasn't what I wanted. The store was out of $1.25 bread, so I got some 10cents bread instead. Against my better judgement I also picked up some grapes, and I got some canned sausages for the weekend. I'm sure the two we had are already finished.

I then got to play computer tech before I left the store. The computer/cash register crashed or froze and had to be started. He said that he thought it was the mouse. I asked a few questions, got him to defrag the hard drive that even the OS said needed to be defragged. He checked my stuff with a calculator and I left the store. He had a nice 76 gig hard drive and 96% of it was free. I told him it would take about 5 mins to defrag. :)

I then walked back home and I got to picking out the wallpapers that I'm going to post tomorrow for my club, and trying out that program, "share my picture" to get it how I want it.

A little this, a little that, there’s the blog, then the fire works, now it's me saying good night. :)

Happy New Year.

1 comment: