December 12, 2004

Saturday, Saturday....

My sister said that she was going to go to church today with Nika. But low and behold, she didn't make it. Verey was suppose to be on a boat ride for his birthday today. But he didn't go because the boat decided that they weren't going for some reason. My sister didn't cook breakfast or lunch because it was Saturday. How convenient. So I had one of my chopstick meals. Which I am eating right now for a late dinner.

I got to work like 15 past I think. I went over to the auditorium to see how the demo was going. Well it looked like a demo. But a few things had already been installed. Two flat screens and two new external speakers along with the built in ones in the ceilings. At least 24 of them. Small round white speakers.

Before I went over a lady from the library asked if I could find out the tvs they took down. We have all be wondering what were going to happen to the 30 odd 39 inch tv's that were going to be replaced. Ron still doesn't know.

While I was there looking around I actually got to ask questions and peopled answered me. Never mind heard me. One of the guys that came down to set up all of this was really nice in answering a question. It was at the end of their day, so he wasn't busy trying to get something done. I also picked up bag of peanuts before I went back over. Oh, the lady that asked about the tv game me some fruit cake that she had made. I didn't know, and it smelled more like the meal that spilled on to it. It was saltfish and something else. The cake tasted great all the same. Had it eat it in three sittings. :) It was Christmas cake the Caribbean way. It's dark with raisins and peals, and soaked in rum. :)

Anyway, came back over, and barely had time to do anything before M at the front desk told me that she was leaving. At the time I was a little upset that this video tape that a girl wanted digitized and burned onto a cd was only 6 mins long. Why one earth only 6mins?? They had ton of surgeries on campus. She could easily have gotten more than 2 hours worth. Maybe if she had warned me it was so short I wouldn't be slightly miffed, but she didn't and taxed my computer out having it set to record for an hour and at one of the highest settings. The thing took over an hour to render out.

Anyway. I was stuck doing that again for a staff member and her videotapes. She sold her vcr for a dvd player, so now she wants her tapes on disks. We don't burn dvds. So I gave her a cd with two movies on it, and well see if her dvd player and play it. If it can, I'll burn the two that she brought in, and then the other 4 she still has at her house.

Some how I occupied my time until it was closing. Mostly I just played the fiddler on the roof over an over again, and read some stuff on photo shop, and checked in every now and again on the video. I also printed up some fliers that I had made, letting anyone who was leaving who still had stuff at their house that they couldn't sell or could take with them, to drop them off in classroom 3, but I can't put the flyer up until it get signed by either an sga person or the admin office. So I talked with Brian for the last 30 or so mins of my shift. He did help me find my desk for a cheaper price. That glass thing for the media center. I should get you the link. I think I'll come back later and do that. Right now I have to finish setting up my foxfire. :)

Yep, I just upgraded tonight. FireFox 1.0. I was getting this odd delay and sticking when I typed stuff in Maxthon, but only here at home. So I changed over. I have to go get the mouse gestures to be really happy. :)

Anyway, no one lingered at the LRC tonight, and I left in good time, but the lady in the LRC tonight always leaves before me. So by the time I got up there he had already taken her come and came back and was waiting for me. The lady from the Library and I get along quite well, she just gets home before I do. I've stopped trying to leave with her.

He had the big bus tonight. The last time he had his own car. Well he stopped for gas and it took 95 gallons of diesel gas. How much does a normal car hold?? I think he paid like $78 for it all. Got home to a sleeping hour and a chained door. Had to wake up Jhodie to get in. There was also no food to be seen, but I did see that they had chicken and chips. I ended up heating the noodles that were left from lunch. Jhodie and Nika had their own packet of noodles, but didn't eat that much. So it was put up for later. Well it's later now.

YAWN....!

Guess that's it. It's 3:31am Time for me to find my bed. I'll be back in a bit to put the link for desk. You should get one if you have a flat panel. :)

Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment