December 04, 2004

I Seemed To Have Lost Thursday.

I missed Thursday.

I remember a few things. Not much. I'll have to check my other daily list to see what I did, but off the top of my head I think we had our departmental meeting. I think. But now that I think of it, I think that was Wednesday. I have to go check.

brb.

Ok.. here is what my notes say

"Worked some more on the PowerPoint for the party. Went up stairs and showed it to Alison, but she had to restart her computer before she could see it. Went to the new office buildings, and set up two computers. Came back downstairs and covered the front desk from 3:30pm. Alison came down around 4:15 and we worked on the power point for 20 or so mins. Tomorrow we finish up. Working on the problem presented to me by dr. Smith. Found Answer to problem, and notified dr. Smith."

Ok... that was just about most of it. I can add on to the new office building part. Now it's coming back to me. I got to work, checked my e-mail and I had nothing to do, then Ron came in and said that they were going up the new offices to set up the computers, and I asked if I could come plug something in. I tried to sound cute. He didn't get it. But I went upstairs anyway, and for some reason he changed his mind, and said that they would come in tomorrow morning and set up the computers. Something about cleaners. But Tishon was setting up a computer so I thought I might be able to get one or two in before we had to leave. They left without me. I was slightly mad at Ron since he called Tishon to tell him that they were leaving, but didn't even look never mind call for me. So I just stayed and set up another one before I left. I had half a mind to just stay and set up most of them so when they came in the next day they wouldn't have anything to do up there, except maybe move them to the other side of the desk or replace network cables for longer ones. But I decided against it, even after Blade showed up and was willing to help me unpack them. But the longer no one heard from me I would be considered MIA. Which could get me in trouble.

So I left and stopped off at Alison. To show her what I had done with the PowerPoint since she left me yesterday. She couldn't even open it PowerPoint. She hadn't restarted her computer in a days. She said that she thought that they weren't suppose to turn off their computer. True, but that didn't mean that you don't restart it.

***Computer Tip***

Unless you have a P4 3.x gigahertz computer with 3 gigs of memory and you bought diskeeper to constantly defrag your system, and you don't do more than surf, read email, download a wallpaper one a week, play MS hearts, and maybe chat on one IM twice a day for a combined time of 40 mins, you will not need to restart your computer for a week at a time.

For the rest of human and computer kind, you should restart your computer at least once a day. Just logging out is not the same. If you turn off your computer each time you are finished using it, then you don't have to worry about restarting.

Ok.. were was I? Oh... showing the PowerPoint to Alison. While I was there the girl in her department was making a reef out of photocopied money. :) Other than the colour of the queen's hair, it came out well. At first I almost had a heart attack thinking that she was cutting up real money. :)

Anyway, Alison saw the things and people that were still missing from the power point and made a note to get some of them for later today and tomorrow.

Then I went down stairs. I don't re-remember anything until Alison showed up downstairs around 4. She had gotten some more pics, and wanted to add in some words on some of the slides. I was at the front desk, and I had to fill one of the printers with paper while she was there. Ron stopped by on his way out, and once again something I said just went right by him. Alison answered me, which proved that I actually said something.

I worked on a few things after that, and I started or added to the list that I started for the media center. I'm helping in getting equipment for it. The media center is going to replace the FDC. It won't be completely different. Just upgrading most of the equipment, adding some new ones, and it's also going to be my office, in some small way. So I may get to order my own vcr/dvd recorder. :) That's nice. I may add it to the list. Just have to find a really good reason for when he asks why later.

Oh, for some reason Rick came back around 9:50 or so, so I got a ride home with him. Two nights in a row I got a lift home. Lucky me.

That was my Thursday.

PS.
They also paved the bus route that branched off of the main road at the university heading into town. It caused a bit of a back up and the buses came up the other way. It’s a good thing I was waiting on the street that they came back up on the main road on. Or it may have taken me a while to catch a bus into work.

No comments:

Post a Comment