November 02, 2004

The Day Before.

Tomorrow I got back to work and I have to face my boss first off to sign that letter.

And to make this time of the year oh so much more better, I just got my evaluation form. :) We are being evaluated for the whole year next week.

Today I just tried to stay in bed, but my sister has been trying to wake me up all day, at the start of which she asked me to wake her up by setting my alarm, but I didn't hear what time, so I chose 7:30 and it was too late. She said that she told me 7, but I didn't hear her.

Next, I had to call Collin to fix something for me at 8am. I made an archive page for the sga meeting notes, but when I posted the link I placed it next to the wrong club and over the next 3 or so days I didn't even notice.

Around 12 I crawled out of bed, and combed out my hair so I could get it washed and combed for tomorrow. V had called me earlier about a program that I had installed for her that was no longer working. So I told her that I would come by after 4, so I would be getting out of the house today after all. I was even thinking of walking it back. It's been clear all day.

But by the time I had washed my hair, twice with conditioner, and taken a bath, and got dressed, and re-downloaded all that I needed to fix V's little problem because I no longer had the software like I though, and waited for my sister to come back home, so I could leave, half the sky was already dark with rain clouds. I took my thumb drive with me along with $2 to take the bus to her house and I was still thinking of walking back. I may not rain during that time, and it's a small problem to fix. I expected to be back on the road walking home in less then an hour.

But I should have known better.

I got there ok, but I couldn't using my thumb drive. I forgot or had thought that they had up graded to Win2000, but I was wrong, they still had win98, and it couldn't install my thumb drive. So I had to re-find everything and download it to her computer. I also found out that they had too much things starting up with their system, not a lot, but their system wasn't that great. Then there was the resolution and colour depth. Those had been changed for the worst. In a hour I had been able to change two things. the problem that I came to fix, and the desktop look. I also updated IE because I thought it was having issues. It still was when I left, when I tried to fix the clock in the system tray. They wanted to make sure that it was telling the right time. So I tried to get an atomic clock sic program and I tried 3 and neither one of them could connect to the clock server to sic the time. So when I was leaving, after telling the computer the defrag itself because it crashed again and I did nothing on it, I said that I would come back the next day with a program that I have, that I know works and install it on their system.

They said thank you and sent me home with some cooked veggies and a bag of candy for Nika. V's husband had arrived home so he drove me home, since by now it was already dark outside.

Right now I'm waiting for Jhoide to pull herself away from Nika so she can do my hair, so I came on line to do by blog for the day and then decided to check my school mail, where I saw my evaluation form, and send a friend a belated birthday card.

Well, good night. I'll let you know how well I live though work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment