November 06, 2004

Yesterday While I Can Still Remember, And Today.

Small hiccups here and there, but nothing major or really involving happened.

Besides helping out a few people at work, I did just about nothing other than trying to trouble shot my own computer that didn't want to add any titles in movie maker. Every time that I tried it would freeze then the program would crash. The last two times it actually memory dumped on me. So today before I got caught up in a recovery fight, I looked for ways to uninstall MM2 and then re-install it. That had me going for two hours. They (Microsoft) have to make a visible uninstall script for this program. I'm sure that there are people who will never use this program. Well I finally tracked down the answer in this little bulletin board that talks about a program that actually finds some hidden way of uninstalling the program, and it lets you reinstall the version that came with your OS if you have the OS disk. Which I didn't have, so I just copied the contests of the movie maker folder from a computer that had been upgraded to SP2 and it works. My link to the program doesn't work, but I can make another one. :) The program had copied other needed files back to where they were suppose to be, but it couldn't do the movie maker folder, because I didn't have the right disk on me. I'll try again if anything goes wrong with it.

Yesterday I helped a teacher who a student had given some music to on a USB drive, and wanted to know how to get them off and then burn them to cds. Well we went to the FDC, just because it's where the teachers went. Now that I think of it, I could have done it on my computer. I wonder what I was doing on it. I may have been still trying to find an answer to my crashing program.

Well first we copied the files to his folder on the server so we could download them to the computer that has the cd burning software. The computer that had the burner did have a USB port, but it was in the back and the computer was on the floor. I wasn't going down there considering I was wearing a skirt, and he was wearing a suit type thing, so I didn't make him go down there. It took a long time to upload, but took almost no time downloading to the other computer. Well set up the burning program, and found out that both folders of songs minus one song could fit on the cd, so we did that, well he said thank you and waited for it to finish and left to do something. I think I ended up helping a student somewhere, by the time I came back, he had gone though 4 cds. Something was causing problems and not letting the burn complete. So the guy R, who was helping him when I was doing something else, said that it was the burning program. He has a copy at his house, and he said that it would wait until near the end and just ruin the disk. So I installed another burning program for the teacher to use, but he had to leave. He asked how long I was going to be here till, I told him I was here until closing. 7pm. So he said that he will come back later after I've installed the new program. Prassi PrimoCD Plus 2.0 , but it looks like it may not available for download anymore.

Anyway, he back and hour later or so, and when I logged him in to use it, I found out that things didn't work the way I thought they would. So we used my profile. I fixed part of it, so he would be able to do it in his profile. Then he asked me to show him how to use it again. When I was finished I then I realized that had to uninstall and re-install MS Office. I was actually able to get my hands on copy of office from Ric before left. He just asked that I make a copy on the network. The copies that we had of disk 2 weren't working anymore. I was able to copy them to the network, but I wasn't able to install from the CD, go figure. So I said that I'll just try installing from the server tomorrow, and it worked just fine. It just wanted to give me grief.

Then around 6:30pm yesterday AM came by to hang out for a bit. I shared my very short list of mp3's with her and she liked the rubber ducky song :), and a very odd version of 500 miles that Rockapella did. Then I realized that it was 5 after 7. So I kicked everyone out and left to catch a bus. On the way out AM ran into a friend who was Jewish who got something at the fast food place that she couldn't eat and gave it to her. I think it was pork and rice. I couldn't touch it either. I was raised not to eat pork. So we walked up and I caught a bus home. I got off like three blocks from my house and walked home. Passed BBQ, and 6 big amps in the street that were hooked up to a street light. It was for Guy Fox Day. Which got me thinking what was all of this for? So I got home and did a little web searching. For one thing I found out that Guy Fox is actually Guy Fawkes.

Then two hours later I realized that my sister hadn't taken Nika up to see the fireworks that were going off, they were at the school helping out in some fund raising take away dinner thing. So I got dressed to go and get Nika since it was 9 and I didn't know if Jhoide had to stay longer. As I stepped out I felt rain, so I came back and got an umbrella. When I got there I find out that they were just diving up what was left. We had to wait for the rain to stop before we went home, but by the time we left, we had three "plates" of food and one with extra stuff. On the way back my sister saw someone she knew, so she stayed back with Nika to talk t them and watch some fireworks and watch them set off a few other things that went BANG.

Well I got home and picked out mine. I had the chicken. That was one of three things I recognized in there. I went from everything I ate having pepper in it, to everything tasting too sweet. Then they, my sister and Nika, played with some fire works and sparkles that my cousin had gotten for her kid, who by the way was very afraid of them, out on the porch. The boy just backed up and hid. It was a sad sight. Then the lights started to dim once the place started to play their music. So we turned off everything but the fan and the tv and light a candle. Lights all around us went out, but we still had ours. It would be too weird if it passed us because we weren't pulling that much power. They pulled so much power they stopped three times after they took out the street light three times. :) So that was short lived party. They called it quits around 1:30am.

I crawled into bed later than I should, but no later than the rest of the house. I just had to put up the food so we would have something to eat today.

There ... that was Friday with a bit of Saturday mixed in. I had completed this with Saturday included, but I crashed the system when I tried to publish the 4 page long blog. Well the system crashed when I tried to anyway. So I lost all that I wrote today. Oh well. I'll just have type it all back up again.

See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment