November 21, 2004

Family Found Me.

I left the house a little late... but I could make it to work in good time.

Then some one recognized my jeans. :(

I wasn't out of my house for 2 mins when he pulls over and asked me if Nicky was my mother. While I'm there trying to be nice and talk to him, two buses go right by me. Then he offered me a ride to work. Great, but I saw how fast he drove. I'm sure the trip there was almost twice as long as I'm use it being. By the time I walked into my department it was almost half past if it wasn't already. I was very happy that it was Saturday. I didn't have much if anything to do yesterday. I played a different game yesterday for a bit, then I went in the back to see what the microscope could do along with the software that came with it. I expected a bit more than what was there. Took pics and .avi's of paper towels before I got my hands on some stains.

I fiddled with some setting just to find out that nothing changed, and the other things it could do, I could do in paint shop pro or photo shop. Even in irfanview. Sad. How old is this software?? Maybe it's needs updating. But then, how much can a microscope do?

While I was doing that, M the girl at the front, had to call Ron in to restart the server. For some reason the server for the students goes down, and who ever has the key for the office has to come in and restart it.

Then come 5pm I manned the front desk until closing time. The last half hour I was over with Brian, talking about operation equipment. And I found out he doesn't like getting stuck with needles. :) He has no problems using them, he just doesn't want one in him.

Then I left work on time, and walked up. When I got to the guard house, I found out that there as room with equipment on. Great. I told them that I'll get it when I get in tomorrow. It has been on for this long. 12 more hours won't kill it.

And lucky me, I got a ride home from a student. He said that I kicked him out of the LRC. It's not my fault he didn't read the sign saying what time the LRC closes. But he was ok with it. We just talked a bit during the ride.

Then I got home. To beef and bread. :) Well it's something. I had to wash dishes again tonight. But once again it wasn't much, and I even got to clean the ones I left to soak from the night before. I played some more of my game, then just before I went to bed, I did some leg exercises.

So around 3:30 or so I went to sleep.

One more day down.

No comments:

Post a Comment