November 05, 2004

Unimpressive Day

I had breakfast today before work, and I wore the same outfit since I don't sweat when I'm in the LRC, but I did realize that I shouldn't be seen in the sun in it. You can see though it when I'm in the sun. So when a time came up for me to leave the LRC and go upstairs to where I could be seem by someone I didn't want seeing me, I sent the new guy. :)

I walked around, tried to look busy for an hour or so, then I went to cover the front desk. I didn't know what to do. Looked at the screen for a bit, then decided to work on the data base thing and fix the teacher listing and online profile. Before I was trying to piece three things together at once, so I just did it in parts this time. Then I ran into student printing problems for the rest of the night. At one point a paper got fused with a roller so I had to shut it down.

The other printer was down waiting for a part. The part came, and we tested it, but then found out that students were denied access to it while it was down, and it need to be reset. I told my boss when I saw him, and he was on his way to do it when his cell rang, so he went outside to talk, and forgot about me and went home. I didn't care that much at the time, but now the students didn't have a printer, so I tried to call Collen to come in and fix the permission problem since lived the closest. I still had 2 hours left of work and people need to print out notes.

I eat some noodles, my spoon was still missing, and for the last hour or so, I played the little bit of music I still had, and tried to piece together this map that I got a small copy of. I was asked to change some pics from .tiff to .jpg and the first set I did got shrunken by accident, but I kept them to piece together later. Personally I didn't think that the pics were that great, but it may work if they shrink them a bit when they go to print them.

Closed up on time, and I even got a lift home without having to leave the parking lot. I even got a closer look at our new patrol car. The school is getting it's own security team. The map I was told to convert was for that department I think. They are suppose to patrol where there are large numbers of Ross students living, and faculty and maybe staff.

My sister didn't even pretend to cook tonight. So I had leftovers. I was suppose to meet someone online tonight, but my sister was awake and was using the computer during that time. By the time I was able to come on line, he wasn't there. On well. Maybe I'll find him tomorrow. I tried looking him up, but couldn't find him. This is what happens when you don't fill out your profiles.

Well, I'm wrapping this one up early, I want to sleep tonight. I was up late last night and I need some sleep.

Take care and get your flu shot if you can if you live in those cold places. Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment